• Recent Article Comments Widget

    wxwax

    Mock Draft 5.0 - Round 1

    An interesting blog entry by the local newspaper. While most folks here believe an edge rusher... Go to last post

    wxwax 04-19-2014 02:01 AM
    Patrick Sullivan

    Settlement Reached in Concussion Lawsuit

    Rejected again by Judge Brody. She also ruled against the players' motion for class action status.... Go to last post

    Patrick Sullivan 04-16-2014 03:49 PM
    Patrick Sullivan

    Aldon Smith Detained at LAX

    Harbs and hypocrisy are good friends. Don't look for him to take a stand on this. Baalke & York may... Go to last post

    Patrick Sullivan 04-16-2014 08:04 AM
    SpartaChris

    Aldon Smith Detained at LAX

    After Jim Harbaugh gave his "Above Reproach" speech about the Seahawks and their Adderall issues,... Go to last post

    SpartaChris 04-15-2014 02:23 PM
    edave

    Aldon Smith Detained at LAX

    Thankfully my water logged keyboard still seems to work or I'd be asking you for a replacement. Go to last post

    edave 04-14-2014 10:38 PM
    Hoser

    Aldon Smith Detained at LAX

    I also won't be surprised when it is later revealed that somehow, someway Pete Carrol was... Go to last post

    Hoser 04-14-2014 05:31 PM
    Hoser

    Aldon Smith Detained at LAX

    For the record...Aldon Smith could be the second coming of Osama Bin Laden and so long as he makes... Go to last post

    Hoser 04-14-2014 05:21 PM
    Hoser

    Aldon Smith Detained at LAX

    No doubt...that's why I keep calling him a knucklehead. In fact I started a thread dedicated to... Go to last post

    Hoser 04-14-2014 03:21 PM
    Rich Gapinski

    Aldon Smith Detained at LAX

    I get what you are saying, but the pattern here does not suggest one high profile investigation and... Go to last post

    Rich Gapinski 04-14-2014 03:03 PM
  • Contributors


    Cris Collinsworth

    Former Pro Bowl wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals and Emmy-winning analyst from Sunday Night Football and Inside the NFL.
    Dave Lapham
    Has called game for the Bengals radio network for 25 years. Analyst for Big 12 games on Fox Sports Net. Played 10 years in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals.
    Turk Schonert
    NFL quarterback for 10 years with the Bengals and Falcons. Has served as quarterback coach for the Buccaneers, Bills, Panthers, Giants and Saints and Offensive Coordinator for the Bills.
    Phil McConkey
    Played 6 years in the NFL as a WR, punt returner and kick returner for the Giants, Packers, Cardinals and Chargers. Played college football at the Naval Academy and served in the U.S. Navy before joining the NFL. Best remembered for his oustanding game in Super Bowl XXI.
    Josina Anderson
    Josina "JoJo" Anderson is contributing reporter on Showtime's Inside the NFL and is a weekend co-anchor/reporter/producer for FOX 31 Sports in Denver, Colorado. Josina produces the nightly sportscasts and covers the Denver Broncos, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, and the Colorado Rockies.
    Jerry Jones
    NFL Draft Expert, has published the acclaimed Drugstore List since 1978.
    Russell S Baxter
    Researcher, writer and editor covering the NFL for over 30 years.
    Andy Freeland
    Statistician and researcher for NBC's Sunday Night Football.
  • RG III: As a Fan, Where Do You Want Him to Go?

    I really had not seen much of RG III before Andy Freeland dialed up his highlight tape on YouTube. He is really fun to watch. I started going down the teams who will try to get him, and I think I want him to go to Washington. Mike Shanahan with a bootleg QB is always exciting anyway, but with the Baylor Flash, it would be "Must-See TV." Since we do so many NFC East games, I want to see the show. And nobody likes making big trades more than Daniel Snyder around draft day.

    Miami needs him the most to sell tickets. There are just too many fun things to do in South Beach to waste a day watching a boring offense. I think the Mike Vick comparisons for "Fan Appeal" are pretty good ones. RG III would be "worth" the most in Miami.

    But, the Cleveland Browns "need" him the most. The Browns just are relevant right now. RG III could make it attractive to play in Cleveland again. Everyone in Philly will tell you that free agent players wanted to come to Philly because of Mike Vick. I think Griffin could have the same drawing power in Cleveland.

    Comments 58 Comments
    1. vancemeek's Avatar
      I think you nailed it with Cleveland. RGIII automatically gives them an identity, and with a little help at WR, could make them a fun team to watch. Miami getting him, to add to Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall makes for a fun trio.
    1. darvon's Avatar
      I want RG3 going to Washington. It will be a more fun show in DC.
    1. Trumpetbdw's Avatar
      Not really sure of where I want him to go. Can't say Cleveland because I think he's going to be really good. I think he's going to Washington, and really, they need him. All 3 teams that are mentioned with him are rather blah, so he'd be a jolt. But really, what does Washington have that's exciting? That's become an incredibly dull franchise in what really should be the glamour division in football. This is the headline move Dan Snyder wants. The problem is, the headline move he may think he wants is to add Manning. Because Manning is someone he'll be able to throw money at, and if there's anything The Daniel knows how to do, it's how to overpay FAs. But he's also shown a willingness to (recklessly) get rid of picks. But in this case, trading picks for RGIII would be a gigantic step in the right direction.
    1. GoBigOrGoHome's Avatar
      I'd like to see Griffin go somewhere where he has a chance to excel. Miami would be a good fit from a personnel standpoint.
    1. wxwax's Avatar
      Cleveland has the biggest need.

      Washington and the NFC East would be the best for the NFL. Media markets. Twice a year against Jints, Iggles and America's Team.

      Plus, I'm partial. And the West Coast offense. Shanahans love them some rollouts.
    1. BuckeyeRidley's Avatar
      I say McCoy stays in as starter for CLE this year until we have a meltdown, then a new guy. I think CLE gets a QB late in the draft & will feel good if they have to go with them late in the year. It's their only hope if McCoy & a vet QBs just dont make it.

      WAS getting RGIII? I like it. I think Shanny was looking to to possibly get a mobile QB thing goin' but got a shadow of Donovan. Shanny can still craft a winner together & it starts @ QB. They should get RGIII & like it.

      MIA will try their hand @ QB this offseason like never before recently. However, they should be trying to get RGIII aggressively. I feel WAS will win the get though.
    1. iwatt's Avatar
      I want him to go to the AFC, to introduce new blood to that conference at QB. I don't count Tebow as a QB.

      Between Miami and Cleveland, I think Cleveland deserves a break by now. Sure, they are paying for having the best QB and best running back in the history of the game pre-merger, but that was more than 50 years ago. Give the Cleveland fans something to be exited.
    1. RSConn5's Avatar
      Anywhere but Washington...
    1. wxwax's Avatar
      Now, that's just hateful...
    1. hobbes27's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
      I want him to go to the AFC, to introduce new blood to that conference at QB. I don't count Tebow as a QB.

      Between Miami and Cleveland, I think Cleveland deserves a break by now. Sure, they are paying for having the best QB and best running back in the history of the game pre-merger, but that was more than 50 years ago. Give the Cleveland fans something to be exited.
      Because the Colts drafting Andrew Luck doesn't count as new blood, I guess.
    1. iwatt's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
      Because the Colts drafting Andrew Luck doesn't count as new blood, I guess.
      2011: Newton...NFC
      2010: Bradford....NFC
      2009: Stafford....NFC
      2008: Ryan....NFC

      The last 4 years the #1 draft QB has gone to the NFC. I'm thinking loading up on talent on the most important position to keep conferences balanced isn't a bad thing. In any other year RG3 would be the number 1 guy, and he still might be.
    1. Cris Collinsworth's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
      Not really sure of where I want him to go. Can't say Cleveland because I think he's going to be really good. I think he's going to Washington, and really, they need him. All 3 teams that are mentioned with him are rather blah, so he'd be a jolt. But really, what does Washington have that's exciting? That's become an incredibly dull franchise in what really should be the glamour division in football. This is the headline move Dan Snyder wants. The problem is, the headline move he may think he wants is to add Manning. Because Manning is someone he'll be able to throw money at, and if there's anything The Daniel knows how to do, it's how to overpay FAs. But he's also shown a willingness to (recklessly) get rid of picks. But in this case, trading picks for RGIII would be a gigantic step in the right direction.
      Agreed. The only negative is they are burning draft choices again. But, this time it is for the face of the franchise, not some older washed up player.
    1. Cris Collinsworth's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
      2011: Newton...NFC
      2010: Bradford....NFC
      2009: Stafford....NFC
      2008: Ryan....NFC

      The last 4 years the #1 draft QB has gone to the NFC. I'm thinking loading up on talent on the most important position to keep conferences balanced isn't a bad thing. In any other year RG3 would be the number 1 guy, and he still might be.
      Wow! I hadn't stop to think about that. Aaron Rodgers not long before that too.
    1. Docta's Avatar
      I'd like to see him go to the Browns, but not after reading how they handled Colt McCoy, and realizing how much little help he'll have on offense. I just want him in a good environment, so the next best choice would probably be the Chiefs.
    1. iwatt's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
      Wow! I hadn't stop to think about that. Aaron Rodgers not long before that too.
      It get's worse, since:

      07: JaWalrus Russel...AFC (best QB of that draft is Kolb, ended at NFC)
      06: Vince Young...AFC (best QB of that draft is Cutler...ended at NFC)
      05...Smith...NFC (best QB of that draft is Rodgers...ended up at NFC)
      04....Manning NFC (best QB is Big Ben in my book, who was AFC and River is franchise as well).

      So basically of the 8 last drafts, 6 of the number 1 QBs drafted have gone to the NFC and are franchise caliber, one of the AFC picks is a historic bust, and 1 AFC is a functional starter (Young).

      First QB drafted in an AFC year is not very lucky...
    1. Trumpetbdw's Avatar
      Just to throw it out there...

      Wouldn't the most interesting place for RGIII to end up be Indy?
    1. ZambianBillsFan's Avatar
      Buffalo Bills, with the porous O-line we have it would be good to have a QB with an arm and escapability. With Fred Jackson and Roscoe Parrish coming back, the Bills would be hard to cover.
    1. wxwax's Avatar
      Can't wait for Gruden to trap him in a film room and bloviate about how complimuhcated the play calls are in the NFL.
    1. FrzzerBwler's Avatar
      As a fan, unless your team needs a QB I think you want him out of conference.
      As a Bengals fan hopefully out of division, though Cleveland has been trying to hit on a QB pick since Kosar was waived, so maybe no worries.
      Nor has Holgrem as GM been what I feared, so far.

      With Cam, Tebow and now RGIII has the NFL QB model changed from the pocket passer that runs out of need, to the QB that is thick enough to run at will and handle the pounding for a season?
    1. Nancy's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
      Just to throw it out there...

      Wouldn't the most interesting place for RGIII to end up be Indy?
      Yes.