We're a little over two weeks away from the draft so here is my take. I've seen some of the athletes play, but most of my picks are based on what I've read and heard. You guys and gals are more in tune with the college players than I am, so feel free to laugh, criticize, and if you have to ... cry at my picks. You can probably use it as a reference as to who not to pick in your FP draft. Enjoy the read! Revised picks are in RED.
1) Indy Colts - Andrew Luck (QB) - A no brainer ... he's a Stanford guy!!
2) Washington Redskins - RG III (QB) - I just hope that Mike Shanahan gets and stays involved in teaching RG III, or else his progress will start slowly.
3) Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil (OT) - An anchor for years at LT. Also, I played football in high school with his dad Frank, so I'm rooting for him to be drafted this high.
4) Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson (RB) - This offense, and especially their QB, need some play makers. They also need to give their fans something to get excited about this year (Tannehill doesn't do that).
5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne (CB) - This defense needs help, Claiborne is the best cover corner, and an immediate starter.
6) St Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon (WR) - Must get weapons for Sam Bradford!!!
7) Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd (WR) - Need to help their QB and their fans psyche!
8) Miami Dolphins - Reilly Reiff (OT) - Need a RT
9) Carolina Panthers - Fletcher Cox (DT) - Must improve run defense
10) Buffalo Bills - Luke Kuechly (LB) - Side line to side line player. They need to upgrade the LB position.
11) Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro (OG) - All around player, can go out to tackle if needed. Starter in year one.
12) Seattle Seahawks -Melvin Ingram (DE) - 12th man will make him an even better pass rusher.
13) Arizona Cardinals - Gordy Glenn (OG) - With the top two WR's gone, they need to upgrade their O line ... for their QB's sake.
14) Dallas Cowboys - Mark Barron (SS) - Good player, much needed
15) Philadelphia Eagles - Quinton Coples (DE) - Eagles need defensive help badly.
16) NY Jets - Chandler Jones (DE) - Must get a pass rush!!
17) Cincinnati Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick (CB) - Need DB's, (got it right this time).
18) San Diego Chargers - Courtney Upshaw (LB) - Need more production out of their LBer core.
19) Chicago Bears - Michael Brockers (DT) - Need somebody inside who is stout.
20) Tennessee Titans - Peter Konz (C) - Fits well into run schemes, can pull and run.
21) Cinti Bengals - Donta Hightower (LB) - Adding to defense
22) Cleveland Browns - Stephen Gilmore (CB) - Can't have enough good corners.
23) Detroit Lions - Kevin Zeitler (OG) - Upgrading the O line is a good thing for Stafford..
24) Pittsburgh Steelers - Jonathan Martin (OT) - Need to fix O-line.
25) Denver Broncos - Dontari Poe (DT) - Must improve run defense so that opponents can't control the clock and keep Peyton on the bench.
26) Houston Texans - Kendall Wright (WR) - More offense is good (you can quote me).
27) New England Patriots - Andre Branch (DE/LB) - Converted DE to play OLB (6'4" 260). Sound familiar?
28) Green Bay Packers - Whitney Mercilus (DE) - Must help C. Matthews with pass rush
29) Baltimore Ravens - Mike Adams (OT) - Need better protection for Flacco.
30) San Francisco 49ers - Coby Fleener (TE) - Harbaugh knows him, and he knows how to use him. Alex Smith will be smiling with this pick
31) New England Patriots - Janoris Jenkins (CB) - They need good cover corners badly.
32) NY Giants - Stephen Hill (WR) - Another vertical weapon for Eli.