With the trade deadline in most leagues approaching this weekend, here are some last-minute buy-low options that could potentially help your team. Each of these players carries a significant risk, but if you can get any of them at a cost that doesn’t impact your starting roster, any one of them could end up playing an important role down the stretch.
- Palmer has become that guy no one is excited about owning anymore. Yet Palmer is quietly 9th in scoring at QB, and has compiled 4 300+ yard passing performances, as well as 4 multi-TD games. If you are one of many owners who had their rosters ravaged by the injuries at QB this weekend, Palmer would be an excellent inexpensive option to look into.
- I hesitate to include Manning, not because I don’t think he’ll rebound statistically, but because he’s on a bye this weekend, and if you’re in a spot where you need a QB, there’s a pretty good chance you’re also in need of a win this week. That said, if you have someone to fill in this week, and Eli’s owner is done with him, by all means, pounce. The Giants have the ability to air it out on anyone, so the fact that they face Green Bay, Washington, and New Orleans should lead to some monster weeks for Eli.
- This one would require a leap of faith, but no cheap option available would have the upside of Bush, who even in his limited touches over the past few weeks has put up decent fantasy numbers. The Dolphins are finding out that Daniel Thomas isn’t any good, and if they want to have any hope this season, must make the decision to ride on Reggie’s back. He had a big stretch run last season, and has a relatively easy schedule that could allow him to finish strongly again if the Dolphins give him the chance.
- Johnson is not someone anyone ever wants to target. And that’s exactly why you should target him if you’re in dire need of a WR. Johnson is the unquestioned #1 target in Buffalo, has always been a decent red zone option, and has had a penchant for putting up some big games. Johnson had a nice game against NE on Sunday, and with a schedule that’s lightening up, including matchups with Miami, Indianapolis, and Jacksonville over the next 3 weeks, Johnson has a chance to be a difference-maker for your team.
- If Davis owners weren’t frustrated prior to Sunday’s game vs. the Rams, they certainly are now. If you need a TE, make a lowball offer for Davis. What can it hurt? If he continues to disappoint, he’s probably not hurting you any more than your previous option. But if he turns it on, like he’s shown the ability to do in the past, then you’ll have yourself a steal.
Waiver Wire Picks
QB- Jake Locker (Ten)
RB- Beanie Wells (Ari), Bryce Brown (Phi- handcuff in case the Eagles decide to start resting McCoy)
WR- Emmanuel Sanders (Pit), TY Hilton (Ind), Danario Alexander (SD)
TE- Brandon Myers (Oak)