We're down to the two final weeks of the regular season here. One more week with a full slate of games and then we're into the playoffs where No Upsets becomes a more easily realized option.
No changes in the top level standings this week. brauneyz leads the pack with 9 wins, followed by Colts01, jhinkamp, mikesteelnation1 and Pruitt all at 8.
Last weeks results.
Season to date.
Now on to Week #16 of the FP Upset Special Challenge. Let's get busy.
You can join us every week. You can join mid-season. If you miss a week, so what? Come back next week. We're just glad you're here and you'll always have me to talk to down at the bottom of the standings.
- One pick per week
- Your chosen team must be at least a (+3) underdog (Only games listed in this column are eligible)
- Your chosen team must win the game outright (no 'pushes' or 'covers')
- Season winner is the one with the most upsets correctly chosen between Week #1 through the Conference Championship Games (20 weeks all together)
- There will be a points system to determine a winner in the event of a tie
- Points will be accumulated by adding the game spreads for your correct picks (if you take Carolina (+4.5) and Carolina wins, you will be awarded a win and 4.5 points). Be careful making picks based on the number of points possible. Points only count if you are tied for the total wins lead when the whole contest is finished.
- The No Upsets Option: Predict correctly that 'No Upsets' will occur in any given week and you will be awarded one win and a point total equal to the sum of all the spreads in that week's Upset Special. If you wish to exercise the 'No Upsets' Option, that prediction is due by 5 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game of the week in question. This includes Thursday Night Football and Saturday Playoff games. The 'No Upsets' option is confined to the Upset Possibilities listed in this article.
- Picks are due no later than 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the broadcast time for your game. The FootballPros.com time stamp on your post is gospel.
- Spread lines will be posted Wednesday and will remain static throughout the week. This isn't The Sports Book at Caesar's Palace, after all.
Prizes to be determined but may include a cool icon denoting your status as *ahem* Upset Special Top Dog, a hat or t-shirt or possibly tickets to the Super Bowl (NOT!!)
Week #16 Upset Special Possibilities (odds by OddsShark). Underdogs in bold.
Saturday Night Football
- Falcons @ Lions (+3.5)
Sunday Early Games
- Redskins @ Eagles (+7)
- Bengals (+3.5) @ Steelers
- Bills (+4) @ Dolphins
- Raiders (+9.5) @ Panthers
- Patriots @ Jaguars (+15.5)
- Rams (+3) @ Buccaneers
- Titans (+14) @ Packers
- Colts @ Chiefs (+7.5)
- Vikings (+9) @ Texans
Sunday Late Games
- Browns (+14.5) @ Broncos
- Bears @ Cardinals (+5.5)
Sunday Night Football
- No games qualify
Dave's Week #16 Upset Special:
Just how good is the Texans run defense with the Vikings making a concerted effort to get yards for Peterson? Can the Rams beat the free falling Buccaneers? I had this week as a Bengals loss (and next week as a win) in my pre-season prediction but things change.
Just a hunch, but I'll take the Bengals.