She ran my big ugly ass down. It appears we have a new leader poised to become the first two-time winner in the FP Upset Special's now seven-year run.
Congrats, J. It's always good to get hot at the right time. Time to slug it out. You see, I also am gaming to be the first two-time champ.
Let's boogie. Jiminy Flippin' Cupcakes, we have a 16-POINT 'DOG THIS WEEK. I dare ya. Nah. I Triple Dog Dare ya.
- One pick per week
- Your chosen team must be at least a (+2) underdog (Only games listed in this column are eligible)
- Your chosen team must win the game outright (no 'pushes' or 'covers')
- Season winner is the one with the most upsets correctly chosen between Week #1 through the Conference Championship Games (20 weeks all together)
- There will be a points system to determine a winner in the event of a tie
- Points will be accumulated by adding the game spreads for your correct picks (if you take Carolina (+4.5) and Carolina wins, you will be awarded a win and 4.5 points). Be careful making picks based on the number of points possible. Points only count if you are tied for the total wins lead when the whole contest is finished.
- The No Upsets Option: Predict correctly that 'No Upsets' will occur in any given week and you will be awarded one win and a point total equal to the sum of all the spreads in that week's Upset Special. If you wish to exercise the 'No Upsets' Option, that prediction is due by 5 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game of the week in question. This includes Saturday games. The 'No Upsets' option is confined to the Upset Possibilities listed in this article.
- The All Upsets Option: Predict correctly that 'All Upsets' will occur in any given playoff week and you will be awarded one win and a point total equal to the sum of all the spreads in that week's Upset Special. If you wish to exercise the 'All Upsets' Option, that prediction is due by 5 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game of the week in question. The 'All Upsets' option is confined to the Upset Possibilities listed in this article.
- Picks are due no later than 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the broadcast time for your game. The FootballPros.com time stamp on your post is gospel.
- Spread lines, once posted, will remain static throughout the week. This isn't The Sports Book at Caesar's Palace, after all.
Odds by OddsShark.
All times Eastern.
Underdogs in bold.
2016 Divisional Round Upset Special Possibilities
Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:35 PM
- Seahawks (+5) @ Falcons
Saturday, January 14, 2017 8:15 PM
- Texans (+16) @ Patriots
Sunday, January 15, 2017 1:05 PM
- OFF ** Per the rules, as of this writing, this is a game wearing a 1-point spread. If that changes between now and Sunday, tough. The game is off the board in this contest. Sorry. Rules is rules.
Sunday, January 15, 2017 4:40 PM
- Packers (+4.5) @ Cowboys
Biggie's 2016 Divisional Round Upset Special: I am down to the 'Hawks and the Pack. Probably would have gone Steelers if the game were available.... Gonna have to make a pick in the forum.
Gimme the Not the Texans. Definitely not the Texans.