• Sources: Broncos attempted to trade starting OL Ryan Harris last season

    Ever since the Denver Broncos acquired Ryan Harris, the starting right tackle has been a key cog in the offensive line, or so it seemed before indications surfaced the organization attempted to let him go at the time his durability was arguably in question.

    According to multiple sources, the Broncos attempted to trade Harris in the middle of last season. The team’s talks for the four-year player involved the Oakland Raiders, the Buffalo Bills, the Washington Redskins, the Houston Texans, and the Chicago Bears.

    “From what I know, of those teams, the Bears had the strongest possibility of acquiring Ryan at the time,” said the source.

    During the 2010 season, Harris received inconsistent playing time after injuring his ankle in the preseason finale against the Minnesota Vikings.

    The severe sprain caused him to miss the first three games of the year and was partly related to his benching against the New York Jets and the Raiders on Oct 17. and Oct. 24, respectively.

    At the time former Broncos head coach, Josh McDaniels, was also trying to evaluate how rookie offensive lineman Zane Beadles would hold up in the lineup.

    Sources indicate that Harris became aware of the team’s attempts to find him a new home after the 31-17 loss they suffered against the Baltimore Ravens.

    Obviously no transaction transpired.

    Harris remained with the team and was reinstituted into the offensive line as the starter after several combination changes that kicked off with a huge 49-29 win against the Kansas City Chiefs after the bye week, until the end of the season.

    Harris started every game from Week 10 to Week 17. He has often said that when he and left tackle Ryan Clady are both healthy, they give the Broncos the best chance to solidify their line along the edges.

    In 2008, he only allowed 1.5 sacks on former Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler.

    However now Harris, who is at the end of his four-year rookie deal, is uncertain about his future with the Broncos but said the following about his status in a phone interview on Thursday: “I like being a Denver Bronco, but the choice is not up to me whether I stay. I’ve proven myself every year that I have been in the NFL, and I don’t have a problem doing that here or anywhere else."

    Harris says he hopes to have some answers about where he is playing this upcoming season within the next couple weeks.

    The Broncos front office was contacted for this story but opted not to comment.

    Comments 17 Comments
    1. Cris Collinsworth's Avatar
      Josina Anderson's story was just published on the USA Today web site. Congratulations. It is the first time I have ever seen Footballl Pros.com on a byline (Is that the right word?) Anyway, way to go Josina! We are REAL now.
    1. Colts01's Avatar
      here is a link for it

      http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/...FL&majteam=DEN
    1. BuckeyeRidley's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
      Thanks Colts; Good scoop and USA Today Love Josie; Love it for you. The Broncos have a key offseason; I'm interested in their draft to see how balanced they get from rookies & re-signs.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
      Josina Anderson's story was just published on the USA Today web site. Congratulations. It is the first time I have ever seen Footballl Pros.com on a byline (Is that the right word?) Anyway, way to go Josina! We are REAL now.
      There's my boy. How goes it! Broncos have lots going on. Flew back into town three days ago and I've been speaking to alot of people with pressing matters on the table. Love you guys.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
      Thanks Colts; Good scoop and USA Today Love Josie; Love it for you. The Broncos have a key offseason; I'm interested in their draft to see how balanced they get from rookies & re-signs.
      Thanks Colts & BuckeyeRidley. Should be finding out if I am back in the air to the Combine soon. It will be a busy time. Plus Broncos have the #2 pick. Anyone have some aspirin?
    1. msclemons's Avatar
      The more I hear about the tenure of Hoodie Jr in Denver the more I'm convinced DJ Gallo was right. Belichick sent him there to destroy the Broncos.

      There is no way he alienated the franchise QB, the all star WR and a quality OT on accident. No one is that incompetent.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
      The more I hear about the tenure of Hoodie Jr in Denver the more I'm convinced DJ Gallo was right. Belichick sent him there to destroy the Broncos.

      There is no way he alienated the franchise QB, the all star WR and a quality OT on accident. No one is that incompetent.
      You always got the zing comment huh! I've heard of conspiracies but that would be really really diabolical. Belichick isn't that devious right? You guys know I am playing around.
    1. msclemons's Avatar
      Read this and tell me I'm wrong.

      http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nfl

      I thought he was just a comedian but he's actually a prophet.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
      Read this and tell me I'm wrong.

      http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nfl

      I thought he was just a comedian but he's actually a prophet.
      About to finish up a project...I will read it over within the hour.
    1. Polishguy00's Avatar
      Playing around in that we DO know that the Hoodie is that diabolical? Excellent news on getting a FP(L) in a byline. The crappy thing is that the Bears did not get him. And really, what was the Broncos thinking? I do not want whatever they were smoking, because it apparently turns people into crazy people.

      "Hey, man, cool, uh, lets trade one of our bookends, man. That would be so crazy it would be awesome."

      Bears obviously did not offer more than J'Marcus Webb and a stale Old Style.
    1. Phil McConkey's Avatar
      Great scoop Josina!
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
      Playing around in that we DO know that the Hoodie is that diabolical? Excellent news on getting a FP(L) in a byline. The crappy thing is that the Bears did not get him. And really, what was the Broncos thinking? I do not want whatever they were smoking, because it apparently turns people into crazy people.

      "Hey, man, cool, uh, lets trade one of our bookends, man. That would be so crazy it would be awesome."

      Bears obviously did not offer more than J'Marcus Webb and a stale Old Style.
      Hey Polish...funny...is that the surfer McD alter ego? LOL.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil McConkey View Post
      Great scoop Josina!
      Thanks Phil, how are you doing?
    1. hobbes27's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
      Josina Anderson's story was just published on the USA Today web site. Congratulations. It is the first time I have ever seen Footballl Pros.com on a byline (Is that the right word?) Anyway, way to go Josina! We are REAL now.
      Okay, get to you guys. We need more scoops on here.
    1. hobbes27's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
      Read this and tell me I'm wrong.

      http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nfl

      I thought he was just a comedian but he's actually a prophet.
      Or maybe Belichik is such a good coach that people overachieve while with New England. How New England finished 14-2 I still can't figure out.
    1. msclemons's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
      Or maybe Belichik is such a good coach that people overachieve while with New England. How New England finished 14-2 I still can't figure out.
      My theory is that Belichik has such complete control that his subordinates don't grow and develop as independent coaches. Or else he's a Sith Lord and anyone who leaves him is doomed to vengeance from the Dark Side. Either way, the man is undeniably brilliant at what he does; going 14-2 in a "rebuilding" year is just ridiculous.
    1. Cris Collinsworth's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
      My theory is that Belichik has such complete control that his subordinates don't grow and develop as independent coaches. Or else he's a Sith Lord and anyone who leaves him is doomed to vengeance from the Dark Side. Either way, the man is undeniably brilliant at what he does; going 14-2 in a "rebuilding" year is just ridiculous.
      He is smart. The players rave about his Wednesday morning speeches that basically lay out everything on offense, defense, and special teams that has to be done that week. Brady says he can tell you more on Monday morning about the next opponent than most coaches can tell you after a week of film study. He knows everybody in the league, has studied their styles, and changes his approach every week to attack that style of play. No two game plans are ever alike and even when he plays a team multiple times within a year, those plans are different. He once told a friend of mine that there was no way a certain team could beat them because their L4 and L5 were so weak. He was going to attack their Kickoff team. No detail goes unnoticed. He is the OC, DC, and ST coach and when his assistants get credit or job opportunities for what they do, I am always leery.
  • Recent Forum Posts

    53 man roster

    Bengals1181 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:55:17 -0500

    JGoods ‏@JoeGoodberry 1h
    Obviously an upgrade to replace Ghee with Dennard. Hall is playing, but some question remain. May be a push. #Bengals pic.twitter.com/uBra9R55WG
    ... Go to last post

    53 man roster

    Bengals1181 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:54:51 -0500

    JGoods ‏@JoeGoodberry 1h
    I think Lamur is an upgrade over Harrison. Different types. I would rather the athletic guy in pass defense. #Bengals pic.twitter.com/6RLk3o4Eh8
    ... Go to last post

    53 man roster

    Bengals1181 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:54:33 -0500

    JGoods ‏@JoeGoodberry 1h
    Losing Michael Johnson hurts, but Hunt's progression may help. Some uncertainty with Atkins. #Bengals pic.twitter.com/iQdAqd5ysi
    ... Go to last post

    53 man roster

    Bengals1181 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:53:59 -0500

    JGoods ‏@JoeGoodberry 1h
    You could say WR is hurting in 2014 with Jones injured and losing Andrew Hawkins in free agency. #Bengals pic.twitter.com/Ews6YG6nck
    ... Go to last post

    53 man roster

    Bengals1181 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:53:35 -0500

    JGoods ‏@JoeGoodberry 1h
    I would say they're worse off on the OL. Bodine being their biggest hole on the team and losing Collins. #Bengals pic.twitter.com/DHEWI6kJfs
    ... Go to last post

    53 man roster

    Bengals1181 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:53:10 -0500

    JGoods ‏@JoeGoodberry 1h
    You could argue they're better at TE with Hewitt beating Charles and the expected progress from Eifert. #Bengals pic.twitter.com/2ujLEbqx1B
    ... Go to last post

    53 man roster

    Bengals1181 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:52:05 -0500

    JGoods ‏@JoeGoodberry 1h
    Comparing the Bengals 2014 Roster vs 2013 Roster to see where they're Better/Worse.They're better at backup QB & RB. pic.twitter.com/tiu6PKIFsR... Go to last post

    Fact or Crap

    Afrocomb On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:48:15 -0500

    - Andrew Luck is the best under 25 football player on earth. Depends on definition of Under 25 as in sport that tends to mean 25 & under rather than 24. If 25 year olds are included then JJ Watt is a... Go to last post

    2014 Opponents Thread

    Zins30 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:45:17 -0500

    @ProFootballTalk: Connor Shaw added to Browns' practice squad http://t.co/NQwWfKJZKw Go to last post

    Week 1 Ravens Notes

    mongo On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:48:05 -0500

    Good point about the weather. Current forecast for Baltimore says raining and 79 for the game. Fingers crossed on that one. Go to last post

  • Recent Blog Posts

    Rich Gapinski

    The Mega NFL Preview Podcast

    Blots is on as we discuss the whole NFL Season: TWO PODCASTS = 3.5 HOURS OF NFL PREVIEW PODCAST #1 1. Intro (0-3) 2. Farewell Bud (4-21) 3. Illegal Contact,Washington (22-34)

    08-22-2014 11:25 PM