• Interview with Texas A&M LB Von Miller


    Comments 21 Comments
    1. ScottDCP's Avatar
      Introducing Number 97 of the Buffalo Bills....
    1. Pruitt's Avatar
      I must say, a Michael Jackson lead in doesn't make anyone look tough.

      He should come to Buffalo - if he thinks Dumervil will be a good mentor, wait until he meets up with Aaron Maybin.

      (Damn! I just can't let it go.)

      Really good interview by the way.
    1. Dave Lapham's Avatar
      Great interview. Von Miller is a great kid. Coach Sherman and all the coaches at Texas A&M were very complimentary of his locker room leadership skills. He stands behind what he believes in for sure. I hope his decision to be a plaintiff with Brady, Brees, Manning etc. does not jeopardize his draft status. I saw him make plays as an OLB in a 3-4, an OLB in a 4-3, and a DE in the nickel packages. He has quick twitch, is a very explosive, sudden athlete. His talents are definitely top 10 in the draft, maybe top5.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Thanks guys. Very impressed with Von's upbringing and inner confidence. Says he focused on his ability to stand up against the run last season which is a HUGE area Broncos need help in. That said the debate continues as to whether they should get inside or outside help, or where Von will go.
    1. msclemons's Avatar
      I thought you tossed him some tough questions about the labor situation. You could see him squirm a little bit.

      He looks like a great young man who will make whichever team he goes to proud. Wish I'd watched more of his college games. His highlights look really good.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      He did a great job. Wish I had an opportunity to feature his personality more. That said, this is the no fluff zone.
    1. msclemons's Avatar
      Yeah, no more fluff! You already made half the guys here tear up with your Plaxico/Jacobs piece. We're trying to be manly men ya know.

      Also - didn't mean to step on your toes by posting the video last night. Didn't know you were going to!
    1. Colts01's Avatar
      I think you always do a good job showing a players personality in your work,which alot of times get lost in stats,scheme etc.Came away impressed with him as a person as well as a player,good work Josina
    1. Polishguy00's Avatar
      Great job as usual, Josina. I knew I liked Von Miller.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
      Yeah, no more fluff! You already made half the guys here tear up with your Plaxico/Jacobs piece. We're trying to be manly men ya know.

      Also - didn't mean to step on your toes by posting the video last night. Didn't know you were going to!
      You are fine. Didn't even see that you had done that. I spent 2 work days producing Miller piece...my brain is so fried now..not sure I can even see while I'm writing this. Need rest. Appreciate that though. Would never bother me. Love the support.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Thanks Polish and Colts01. Appreciate ya. I'm sleepy. :0)
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lapham View Post
      Great interview. Von Miller is a great kid. Coach Sherman and all the coaches at Texas A&M were very complimentary of his locker room leadership skills. He stands behind what he believes in for sure. I hope his decision to be a plaintiff with Brady, Brees, Manning etc. does not jeopardize his draft status. I saw him make plays as an OLB in a 3-4, an OLB in a 4-3, and a DE in the nickel packages. He has quick twitch, is a very explosive, sudden athlete. His talents are definitely top 10 in the draft, maybe top5.
      Do you believe scout that said he'll basically turn out to be Vernon Gholston is being over dramatic? Tough words huh?
    1. msclemons's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Josina Anderson View Post
      Do you believe scout that said he'll basically turn out to be Vernon Gholston is being over dramatic? Tough words huh?
      I think Dave Razzano deliberately puts some outlandish comments out there to get attention, sort of like Tedy Bruschi does on ESPN.

      Razzano did correctly project Alex Smith as a bust though, so he's not all bad.
    1. ScottDCP's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Josina Anderson View Post
      Do you believe scout that said he'll basically turn out to be Vernon Gholston is being over dramatic? Tough words huh?
      Trying to make him slip maybe?
    1. Ripperlicious's Avatar
      Goodness sakes. Even though I've never seen Josina before and have only read her posts, I always pictured her as a hottie football fan and that video proved it! Please I mean no disrespect. Just an observation. The journalism was great too! Hard hitting questions and no fluff.
    1. Ripperlicious's Avatar
      I agree with ScottDCP. He should go to the Bills. Buffalo needs that "identity" and Miller would be that Clay Matthews III of Buffalo. Denver needs defensive line more than anything. That defense is just terrible. You gotta build from the ground up there. Or at the very least a guy like Peterson who won't hurt as well.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
      I think Dave Razzano deliberately puts some outlandish comments out there to get attention, sort of like Tedy Bruschi does on ESPN.

      Razzano did correctly project Alex Smith as a bust though, so he's not all bad.
      I hear ya. Bold comments though.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      ScottDcp Who knows?

      Ripperlicious Appreciate ya. Both teams need lots of help that is for sure.
    1. BuckeyeRidley's Avatar
      Great Stuff Josina. Of Course Great Music and Love the questions about 11:00 at night and his involvement in the lawsuit against the League. Thanks & Good Work.
    1. Josina Anderson's Avatar
      Thanks dear. Working on trying to schedule another one now. We will see. You're welcome. How are u?