Twitter is fun, but when you have to try and make a point with 140 character limits, it is tough. So after I kicked the hornets nest on Twitter with my November 1st prediction for the start of the season, I thought I would leave it open for discussion. Here is my prediction:
1) Lockout stays in place: (Hope I am wrong).
2) Negotiations never really get serious until the first regular season game is missed. Entire country slams owners and players for missing 9-11 weekend. Should have been greatest ever.
3) After much posturing, the CBA negotiations finally get serious on September 12th. Players are missing checks and owners are getting worried about big stadium mortgages without a revenue stream.
4) After 3 to 4 weeks a deal is finally reached in which the players get a slightly lower percentage in exchange for slightly better benefits. Both sides claim victory. Fans hate everybody.
5) Free agency begins immediately after the CBA is signed, around October 1st. College and NFL free agents finally have a team. Feeding frenzy for top players. Big money contracts paid.
6) Training camps open around October 5th. New coaches are scrambling. Veteran teams have a huge advantage but nobody cares.
7) Training camps last for 2 weeks. Owners want to play 2 pre-season games, fans go crazy, and NFL settles for one.
8) Regular season opens around November first.
9) Super Bowl is moved back one week. See you in Indy.
Anybody more optimistic?