Top 12 Quarterbacks: Twitter War Started This
I answered a question about the top 3 quarterbacks in the league on Twitter. Well, all heck broke loose after that. What about this guy, what about that guy, how could you leave him out? So I had to try it. A top 10 list at the quarterback position just to see how crazy I could really make people. Here goes. I am going to push send and duck.
1) Tom Brady: Reigning MVP and 3 time Super Bowl Champ.
2) Peyton Manning: Easily could have been number one. Great year without receivers and struggling OL.
3) Aaron Rodgers: Super Bowl win and huge performance in Atlanta to start the playoffs. Charismatic leader.
4) Ben Roethlisberger: 2 rings and a smaller one that looks like my two. Impossible to intimidate. Very young and hopefully still maturing.
5) Drew Brees: The closest thing to Manning as a field general. Bigger arm than people think.
6) Phillip Rivers: Statistically superior quarterback who is a ring away from jumping to the top 5.
7) Mike Vick: Still athletic, but is learning to win with his arm and his mind. Impressive year.
8) Tony Romo: Athletic and perhaps the quickest release in the game. Playoff success lacking.
9) Josh Freeman: Too young to make all the clutch plays he made last year. Future top 5 lock.
10) Matt Ryan: Can't deny his ability to win close games. Julio Jones could jump him multiple spots.
11) Eli Manning: Offensive line and running game faltering. Too much on his shoulders, and it showed.
12) Sam Bradford: Future Superstar. No denying what he will be when he gets more weapons.
Matt Schaub, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Matt Cassel, and Matthew Stafford were all a part of my toss-up at number 12.