Thread: Official Madden '11 simulation

Official Madden '11 simulation

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

ESPN has EA Sports official Madden '11 simulation. My take: too safe. For the most part it just takes last year's records and adds or subtracts up to 2 games. Only 7 teams have a change of more than 2 games over '09. Only 1 team, the Eagles who they have at 5-11, have a change of more than 4 games.

For the playoffs, they have 9 of the same 12 teams from last year, including 5 of 6 in the AFC. Of the 3 new teams in the playoffs (Giants, 49ers, Texans), none of them finished below .500 last year.

For individual players, they predict big years from Aaron Rodgers, Matt Schaub, Chris Johnson, Andre Johnson, Jared Allen and Darrelle Revis (apparently they don't have a holdout algorithm). Not exactly bold predictions.

Well...In my official Madden Simulation...The Miami Dolphins went 13-3 and won the SB, drafted Jeff Demps who proceeded to put up 389 on 13 carries against the Jets in his first start...that's all the further I am but the point is that my official simulation is just as valid. It's a game and ESPN is really getting annoying with this whole Madden sim thing.

It's like that show "Deadliest Warrior"....some hack plugs numbers into an Alienware computer 'sim' and tells me that a Pirate can kick a Ninja's ass...ummm yeah, he has a gun!

I know Madden has it's uses as a computer tool...I wrote a post about it when the site launched, but ESPN has gotten crazy with it. I'd much rather hear actual annalists break down games and tell me things I don't know than watch something I can freaking do on my XBox...I guess that's why I'm here.
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

Blog Entries
    Sounds semi-Diggity Sweet! I think that Madden is Great to see what kind of pleayers are going to perform in what type of games but I'm not that big of a fan of them predicting real games that way. Although!----I believe Madden simulations have correctly picked recent Super Bowls including the Saints' win! Really Cool and kinda Creepy!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

File this away and revisit after season,be interesting to see how close it is.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    Madden '11 is gonna be sweet for the simulation of predicting the Super Bowl! I think that there will be an interesting outcome as something tells me this year's Super Bowl will be very intriguing.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

I think it's ridiculous that ESPN uses Madden and NCAA to run game simulations as if they hold any merit whatsoever. It's a video game bound in a world written by coders and not relevant to real football at all. It is a great simulation of the sport as far as video games go, but to think it is at all indicative of the real life league is just silly to me.