Thread: Preseason game #1

Preseason game #1

Do we even want to talk about last nights game or are we going to pretend it didn't happen?

I vote for the latter.

It's going to be a long year...........

I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the o-line. Allowing for the relative simplicity of the pass rush, it wasn't quite the train wreck I feared in the pocket. I'm a little ticked about Jackson getting yanked down via the facemask, of course.

Yeah, at this point, let's say its a good thing preseason doesn't generally have any impact on the regular season. Though I will say they got some impressively massive backup nose tackles.

Blog Entries
    I'm a wild-eyed optimist when it comes to the Bills and like the new regime's approach.

Ouch.

That was a stinkeroo.

Must give them time, but would like to see better results at some stage. Pre-season's not the key, but still ...

Can smell the stink up here in Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by Swami View Post
    I'm a wild-eyed optimist when it comes to the Bills and like the new regime's approach.

Ouch.

That was a stinkeroo.

Must give them time, but would like to see better results at some stage. Pre-season's not the key, but still ...

Can smell the stink up here in Canada!

I like where Gailey and Nix are taking us, but we have to go backwards to go forward. I don't think we have a shot at being competitive this year.

The offense looked good on the first drive, right up until the holding penalty. BTW Stupar could have let him go and Lynch would have got by him. The defender was coming from an off angle. The worst part was the 3rd and 13 right after. Edwards had time and never took his eyes off the flat. About a half second after he threw the slot broke wide open on the post/corner for an easy 15 to 20. Check it out. I'm not being unfair. It's the same old Edwards so far.

I know the defense was missing alot of guys, but even thier 2nd and 3rd string abused us. I can't judge the O-line until we see all 5 starters play together.

Wait, what Bills pre-season game? There was an NFL special on TV Friday night where a high school team played the Washington Redskins, but I don't recall the Bills playing...

I can usually muster up SOME resent and hate towards the Bills after a performance like that (pre-season or otherwise) - but it's actually reaching a point where it's nearly impossible to care anymore. There's only so many ways you can say, "We're terrible." We all know our QBs suck, our O-line is barely average at best, and our defense is over-rated (which is only made worse because there will certainly be an adjustment period to the 3-4). We have a few decent playmakers, yet no way to really get them the ball for them to be successful.

Saying it's going to be a long year absolutely correct, but also like saying Lake Erie is reasonably clean - meaning even THAT is a huge understatement. It's clear we're all looking ahead to next year already - but the big problem is that, we could be SO bad this year, the Bills may permanently lose fans along the way.

Everyone make sure to watch a ton of college football this year (if you don't already) - the only thing fun we Bills fans will have to talk about this year is scouting college players and who we'll be drafting #1 in 2011.