Thread: There Are 358 Comments on the Plain Dealer's Story That the Browns Cut a Longsnapper

Blog Entries

There Are 358 Comments on the Plain Dealer's Story That the Browns Cut a Longsnapper

Ryan Pontbriand, the Cleveland Browns' longsnapper and two-time Pro Bowler, has been cut after two bad snaps recently disrupted game-winning field goal attempts against the Rams and the Bengals. And the people of Cleveland, apparently, have an opinion about it. There have 358 comments on the story to date (about 6:30 EST, 30 November 2011) and the story has been up for less than twenty-four hours.

I'm not worked up over it myself--it's a rough business, and job like that one is particularly thankless--but this has been more ink than has ever been spilled in all instances of NFL franchises waiving their longsnappers combined.
    @kocsan

The hubbub is due to the fact that this guy was wearing Pontbriand's jersey in this now infamous video.

"You are a factory of sadness!!"

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    He must have shelled out a lot cash to try to be ironic. I didn't see the Houston game, but the Browns have pretty much looked like a professional football team against Jacksonville and Cincinnati the last two weeks. I'll gladly take losses in which we play well over wins in which we don't at this point.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    He must have shelled out a lot cash to try to be ironic. I didn't see the Houston game, but the Browns have pretty much looked like a professional football team against Jacksonville and Cincinnati the last two weeks. I'll gladly take losses in which we play well over wins in which we don't at this point.
    I think the Ravens are going to drop the ball this week. Playing the other Harbaugh was another emotional win, and we know how they react to those
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte