Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regular season week 13- Seattle Seahawks 31 Philadelphia Eagles 14

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    And you'd think that a veteran coach would have figured this out ahead of time.
    Maybe he lost his fastball. Maybe he doesn't have the same weight (no pun intended) that he used to...

This season will cost Reid his job. And it should. I like Reid, but 12 years in one place is way too much. And it's easier to scapegoat the coach (cheeper too).
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Maybe he lost his fastball. Maybe he doesn't have the same weight (no pun intended) that he used to...

This season will cost Reid his job. And it should. I like Reid, but 12 years in one place is way too much. And it's easier to scapegoat the coach (cheeper too).
    I don't believe Andy will be fired. He is too good a coach to just fire after a bad season. Fans are pissed yes, but I agree they are only venting towards Andy. Other coaches with similar tenures have done better or worse.
    Consider Jeff Fisher in Tenn, his average win loss was 54%. Not a loser at all, but not enough to keep his job after 17 years.
    Then you have the Bill Cowher Experiment he had some "hot seat' seasons. The Rooneys had faith and it eventually paid off after 15 years.
    Andy isn't going anywhere. At least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I don't believe Andy will be fired. He is too good a coach to just fire after a bad season..
    Tell that to Terry Francona of the Boston Red Sox, 2 world series titles, winning season all year, 1 bad month, DONE....

Quote Originally Posted by Robmoore365 View Post
    Tell that to Terry Francona of the Boston Red Sox, 2 world series titles, winning season all year, 1 bad month, DONE....
    He was terrible with the Phillies, but did well with the Red Sox. He was a good but not great manager, but baseball is so fickle. Here is his stat sheet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I don't believe Andy will be fired. He is too good a coach to just fire after a bad season. Fans are pissed yes, but I agree they are only venting towards Andy. Other coaches with similar tenures have done better or worse.
    Consider Jeff Fisher in Tenn, his average win loss was 54%. Not a loser at all, but not enough to keep his job after 17 years.
    Then you have the Bill Cowher Experiment he had some "hot seat' seasons. The Rooneys had faith and it eventually paid off after 15 years.
    Andy isn't going anywhere. At least not yet.
    But Andy might be scapegoated. Reid has always had problems with the fanbase (can't win the big one), and he doesn't have as much power as he used to according to Peter King. Might just be he get's fired. Then the Rams will pick him up as coach, and he'll wina superbowl for them
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte