Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Freeman---Man on the Rise

Blog Entries

Cool Josh Freeman---Man on the Rise

To ReaderM & all of FPL, Josh Freeman is going to be a beast!! I got this killer instinct that he is going to be an Awesome quarterback! One mistake Raheem Morris did last year was not start Freeman at the start of the season & Josh came in later----and helped to beat the Saints! Gotta hand it to a young Man who is up and coming!

What do you think ReaderM?
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    Folks will be big on Josh Freeman before too long! I can feel his progression and success coming. Mark my FPL Words!! Read this post in 4 months! That's 9 Days before Christmas!!

He looked good in the first preseason game no doubt buckeye
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    Yeah he did! I think that he'll come into people's conscience better soon but he's onto a nice start with his career; I look for him to well and not regress. Its his sophmore season but I think he's gonna survive pretty good! No sophmore slumps here!

Buckeye.. I WAS SO HAPPY LAST NIGHT with the first string O!!!!! Compared to last year, how our first team O went, it nice to have hope going into the year. Freeman not only went 4-4 last night and showed good poise in the pocket but also had this BEAUTIFUL 30 yard hook up to Mike Williams in the mud that we hope to be a sign of things to come. Also Caddy ran the ball extremely well last night 2. Freeman is really flying under the radar in comparison to Sanchez, Stafford and even Bradford.. but as a Bucs fan, after last night, I could be happier how he played.
    Last edited by ReaderM; 08-15-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Don't Type when you have emotions, tends to mess up words
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Agreed, I think Josh can be an elite qb in the league. He seems to already have a great rapport with K2 and he and the young recievers can grow together. I would like to see the Bucs go with the young guys and see what we got. We know what we have with Clayton (nothing) and Stovall (good special teamer). If we can run the ball, which I think we can and these young receivers can step up I think Josh can show he's leader of the pack when it comes to young QB's. Also he seems to have "it" where he seems calm and collected and is a leader only in his second year. This team will surprise some people this year!!
    Your soldiers are nothing, Matrix and I could kill every one of them, at the blink of an eye - you remember that. - Bennett

Blog Entries
    Alright Folks! I guess if we all must have a "Jump To It" mentality in the first two weeks of the NFL, one of mine is Josh Freeman.

I like what I see so far. Again, this is so far. Its Early and I'm recapturing my original post from August but with Good reason. Despite the bigger challenges yet to come, Josh is doing well for his team and with him as a leader I think they can sail Good during this season and beyond.

I know the Bucs are in that NFC South with the Saints but I like seeing QBs do a Good Job and get their chance when some time ago it wasn't possible.

Freeman can flat out play. Some local radio guys in Detroit were really high on him when he was at KSU. I watched some games back then. He reminded of Donovan McNabb (IMHO, a HOFer). Give Freeman the right tools and he will be very good.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Freeman can flat out play. Some local radio guys in Detroit were really high on him when he was at KSU. I watched some games back then. He reminded of Donovan McNabb (IMHO, a HOFer). Give Freeman the right tools and he will be very good.
    I don't want to be the Grinch, but Freeman didn't impress me a whole lot against the Browns. He's a bit inaccurate. In addition to every once in a while tossing the ball nowhere near a receiver, he's only 29/52 (or, a pedestrian 55.8%), and he's done it against some bad teams (my Browns and Carolina). This is a pretty limited body of work and it's pretty early to draw conclusions, but my initial reactions weren't very positive and his numbers don't help his case with me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    I don't want to be the Grinch, but Freeman didn't impress me a whole lot against the Browns. He's a bit inaccurate. In addition to every once in a while tossing the ball nowhere near a receiver, he's only 29/52 (or, a pedestrian 55.8%), and he's done it against some bad teams (my Browns and Carolina). This is a pretty limited body of work and it's pretty early to draw conclusions, but my initial reactions weren't very positive and his numbers don't help his case with me.
    Fair Point 6; I think that Freeman is going to be Good based on the fact that he is dependable and he has some steady improvement I see. His QB Rating entering Week 3 is 95.0. He's on rise and going to be a nice contribution in the coming years. Staying healthy, Keeping the right folks around him on the team and coaching staff and being able to build off of his previous performances are gonna make him better and better.