Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Official Football Pros College Bowl Pick 'em..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I said at the outset that I had never been wrong when it came to picking the winner of the Meineke car care bowl. While I am sorry that my Tigers lost, I am content that at least they lost to my Crimson Tide.
    I've always said that Pruitt is the BuckeyeRidley of college football.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    So when does the third game of the best-of-three National Championship start? Good job by Alabama to force that third game on the road after losing at home with some sloppy special teams. The neutral field third game should be something to watch.
    I thought for certain that college football used the same rules as the UEFA Champions League, using the aggregate score from the 2 games to determine the champion, with the tie-breaker being amount of away points scored. Using those two methods, it is very clear that Alabama is the clear national champion.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

No that's Andre Smith's stomach growling you hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    "@CrossingBroad: that sound you hear is celebratory inbreeding in Alabama"

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    I thought for certain that college football used the same rules as the UEFA Champions League, using the aggregate score from the 2 games to determine the champion, with the tie-breaker being amount of away points scored. Using those two methods, it is very clear that Alabama is the clear national champion.
    The tie breaker in the UEFA competitions is that in the event of an aggregate draw (tie), away goals count double. 'Bama still wins, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    The tie breaker in the UEFA competitions is that in the event of an aggregate draw (tie), away goals count double. 'Bama still wins, though.
    If I have this right, then LSU needs to win Game 3 by at least 30 on the neutral field as long as you consider last night a road game for Bama (which I think it was). If the aggregate is 48-48 after the three contests, then the coaches square off in a who has a bigger ego contest. You're right, Bama wins no matter what.

It looks like they cancelled Game 3 anyway. A shame. I was looking forward to it.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

[QUOTE=Polishguy00;92012
    It looks like they cancelled Game 3 anyway. A shame. I was looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

To paraphrase a rude comment - "I wouldn't watch that game with somebody else's eyes."
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur