Thread: Regular season week 13-San Diego Chargers 38 Jacksonville Jaguars 14

Regular season week 13-San Diego Chargers 38 Jacksonville Jaguars 14

In their first game without principal Del Rio,South Jacksonville High goes down to the San Diego JV
    38-14.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Philip Rivers threw for 294 yards and three touchdowns, burning Jacksonville's depleted secondary early and often, and the San Diego Chargers beat the Jaguars 38-14 on Monday night to snap a six-game losing streak.

The Chargers (5-7) could have used Rivers' turnaround sooner. The three-time Pro Bowl selection leads the NFL in interceptions (17) and turnovers (21), and was a key part of San Diego's disappointing season.

He was nearly perfect against Jacksonville (3-9), adding to the team's tumultuous week.

Rivers completed 22 of 28 passes -- hooking up with Vincent Brown, Vincent Jackson and Malcom Floyd for long scores -- before sitting out the final few minutes. He finished with a 146.1 QB rating, his highest of the season.

The Chargers scored on five of their first six drives, then sent most of the home crowd scrambling for the exits with Ryan Mathews' 31-yard TD run in the fourth.

Copyright by STATS LLC and The Associated Press
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    I'm glad this Rivers didn't show up to play against my Bears. Hopefully he can make a run for it this December and make the AFC West exiting again!
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Those Jaguars are as bad as advertised. And boy, wasn't that whole mustache thing cute?
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur