Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: By the Numbers: The Caleb Hanie Experience

Blog Entries

By the Numbers: The Caleb Hanie Experience

So, I hate when things like this need to happen to prove the value of a player, but we've all seen the impact of loosing Cutler.

Two weeks ago, the Bears had a middling to decent offense

WEEK 11

ANYA: 6.2 (12th)
    Offense Scoring: 13.2 (17th)
    Special Teams Scoring: 11.0 (2nd)
    Efficiency: 0.217 Points per Play (15th)

WEEK 13

ANYA: 5.3 (21th)
    Offense Scoring: 12 (21th)
    Special Teams Scoring: 10.1 (2nd)
    Efficiency: 0.197 Points per Play (22th)

So a complete downgrade in most stats. Take into account that this is the impact Hanie has had on the unit, with only 2 games against Cutler's 10. Let us look more closely to what that means, for example for ANYA

6.2 x (10/12) + CH x (2/12) = 5.3

That means Caleb Hanie has produced an effective 0.8 ANYA in these 2 weeks. That is bad...real bad.

It's translated into difficulty flipping field position, and long kicks for Robbie Gould.

In the interim, the defense has played balls out. They have lowered the points allowed from 20.70 to 20.17, and in both games allowing an average of 17.5 points per game. That means they have diminished the scoring by a full field goal less.

I still don't want Donut Mcnabb
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

I'm not trying to take shots at you, but what the hell does any of that mean? I watched that horrible game, and I didn't need an abacus to confirm that Hanie sucked.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Poor Urlacher and company.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    There is not one guy who is willing to play right now that could come in and help the Bears. You can thank the "genius" of Martz for that. Word has it that McCown looks like a guy who has not had an NFL experience since 2009. Oh, and the Bears don't think that Enderle will be much long term, but he is still the #2 because McCown has looked so bad. Let's look at the schedule:

at Den- LOSS, never doubt the Tebow.
    SEA- Should be win, but this is even in doubt now. Let's still give a win because it is at home.
    at GB- Hahahahahahahahahaha. *punch in the stomach* (Aaron Rodgers stands over someone's dead body)
    at MIN- A rival with incentive to punch our ticket out of the playoffs at a place that has been a nightmare before. Yuck. Very good chance at loss.

Finish: 8-8

With Cutler, I would have said 3-1 there, so even with the loss two weeks ago being the same, they would have sat at 11-5.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I'm not trying to take shots at you, but what the hell does any of that mean? I watched that horrible game, and I didn't need an abacus to confirm that Hanie sucked.
    :lol

Sorry, ANYA is Adjusted Net Yards per attempts, and is a measure of an offenses passing efficiency. It takes into account TD and Interceptions as well. Pro.football reference uses it, and I use pro-football refernce. Most of the other numbers are related to my blogs, so this post is mostly directed to those few that follow them.

I'm trying to get out of denial. I still think we can win, even though every piece of evidence says otherwise.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

6. I'm not saying Hanie shouldn't shoulder his fair share of the blame, but Martz's playcalling has been horrendous! 31 called passing plays, 10 were seven step drops, 11 were five step drops. Bennett hardly targeted, Marion Barber with only 4 carries in the second half despite it never being more than a one possession game. The Barber illegal formation, Roy Williams showing of his stone hands. There is a lot more going wrong with this offense than just Hanie!

Blog Entries
    Not to mention no screens to slow down the KC rush in the second half.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrocomb View Post
    I'm not saying Hanie shouldn't shoulder his fair share of the blame, but Martz's playcalling has been horrendous! 31 called passing plays, 10 were seven step drops, 11 were five step drops. Bennett hardly targeted, Marion Barber with only 4 carries in the second half despite it never being more than a one possession game. The Barber illegal formation, Roy Williams showing of his stone hands. There is a lot more going wrong with this offense than just Hanie!
    I'm not ready to crucify Hanie. The OL must share it's blame. Martz is terrible.

The playcalling is defintely not helping the cause. If there was ever a game to play it safe in the red zone it was Sunday. No need to go for it on 4th down near the endzone (which I usually like). No need to keep going to the well throwing to the middle for the second pick (we'd already gone 3 straight throws down the middle).
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Losing your biggest weapon on offense is going to be killer as well. Who is going to step up in place of Matt Forte for the next 2-6 weeks?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Losing your biggest weapon on offense is going to be killer as well. Who is going to step up in place of Matt Forte for the next 2-6 weeks?
    DJ Moore..... I'm hoping for 3 TAINTS per game
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte