Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been almost 2 months since anyone has posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    -Needs 310 yards per game to tie Marino's record, needs 311 in one of those games to break it
    A little misleading. He is on pace to top the current record, but so are the two guys ahead of him. Even if he tops Marino, he probably won't get the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    A little misleading. He is on pace to top the current record, but so are the two guys ahead of him. Even if he tops Marino, he probably won't get the record.
    Definitely. He probably won't get it anyway because I expect Flynn to get some time soon. I'm just excited to see such an awesome year.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    Rodgers slices up a Cover 2. Play press man coverage, disrupt the timing of his routes and get pressure on him. The Bucs did that, and it would have worked had their third corner been just a little better.
    Talib had an outstanding game there. The Pack had too much depth, you're right. Playing good man coverage hurts Rodgers.

Rodgers won't get the yards passing record and probably the TD passing record this year. While Tom Brady was throwing numerous garbage TDs in 2007 while running up scores, Rodgers was removed from the Minnesota game with 11:00 remaining in the game. He's not interested in records (other than the winning games records).

The insane thing is if you count his rushing TDs, he probably gets the TD record all while not playing entire games.

@Kaba...how were the 2007 Patriots better? The 2011 Packers are holding the Championship Belt. The 2011 Packers are gunning for an undefeated record. The Packers have won 18 in a row, and with a win this Sunday against the Raiders they will have eclipsed the 2007 Patriots 18 game win streak.

When they go undefeated, they will be the best team of All-Time.
    Last edited by Ripperlicious; 12-07-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Rodgers slices up a Cover 2. Play press man coverage, disrupt the timing of his routes and get pressure on him. The Bucs did that, and it would have worked had their third corner been just a little better.
    Yeah and if Rodgers didn't throw a pick with 5:00 left in the game up by 8 points, given that by that time the Packers were going up an down the field on the Bucs, they would've almost doubled their point total. Point, would'ves could'ves should'ves...The Packers are getting every team's best effort, which is natural considering they are the reigning Super Bowl champs. Too bad the Bucs haven't played that hard in any other game this year.
    Last edited by Ripperlicious; 12-07-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Talib had an outstanding game there. The Pack had too much depth, you're right. Playing good man coverage hurts Rodgers.
    Yep, and it's very tough to have enough depth at cornerback to cover the Packers' depth at receiver. The Packers probably have the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL.

@Ripperlicious: The Pats' defense was better than the Packers' is now. Both offenses are comparable. Also please, stop being so aggressive whenever someone says something slightly critical of the Packers. It doesn't help.
    Editor of Bucs Nation

Yep, and it's very tough to have enough depth at cornerback to cover the Packers' depth at receiver. The Packers probably have the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL.

@Ripperlicious: The Pats' defense was better than the Packers' is now. Both offenses are comparable. Also please, stop being so aggressive whenever someone says something slightly critical of the Packers. It doesn't help.
    Perhaps you shouldn't be so aggressive whenever someone says something slightly critical. It doesn't help. I didn't know you were the designated "judge" on posts. Sorry about that. Just thought this was a free site clear from judgment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripperlicious View Post
    @Kaba...how were the 2007 Patriots better? The 2011 Packers are holding the Championship Belt. The 2011 Packers are gunning for an undefeated record. The Packers have won 18 in a row, and with a win this Sunday against the Raiders they will have eclipsed the 2007 Patriots 18 game win streak.
    First of all, the 2011 Packers haven't won any championships yet, so slow your role in that department.

Secondly, the 2007 Patriots were a better team because not only did they pass the ball better than anybody else (and I would also say better than the 2011 Packers can), but they were also extremely efficient at running the ball as well, and they also had a better defense than these Packers do. You have to identify the differences between great teams and dominant teams; the 2011 Packers are great, but the 2007 Patriots dominated not just opponents but the entire league. The Packers are largely a one-dimensional team, their saving grace is that that one dimension happens to be performed so well.

To be honest, I'm not sure there's that much at all differentiating the Packers from the Saints or Patriots this year except that they have a slightly better offense and a slightly better defense. But this isn't a dominant team, and to see them be undefeated at this point in the season and likely remaining that way throughout the rest of the regular season is strange to me. I'll take the 2007 Patriots over the 2011 Packers every day and twice on Sunday. How can this team be the best team in history when they can't even lead the league in DVOA? Come on man, you're kidding yourself.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    First of all, the 2011 Packers haven't won any championships yet, so slow your role in that department.

Secondly, the 2007 Patriots were a better team because not only did they pass the ball better than anybody else (and I would also say better than the 2011 Packers can), but they were also extremely efficient at running the ball as well, and they also had a better defense than these Packers do. You have to identify the differences between great teams and dominant teams; the 2011 Packers are great, but the 2007 Patriots dominated not just opponents but the entire league. The Packers are largely a one-dimensional team, their saving grace is that that one dimension happens to be performed so well.

To be honest, I'm not sure there's that much at all differentiating the Packers from the Saints or Patriots this year except that they have a slightly better offense and a slightly better defense. But this isn't a dominant team, and to see them be undefeated at this point in the season and likely remaining that way throughout the rest of the regular season is strange to me. I'll take the 2007 Patriots over the 2011 Packers every day and twice on Sunday. How can this team be the best team in history when they can't even lead the league in DVOA? Come on man, you're kidding yourself.
    Obviously there's no way to determine who's correct unless the 2007 Patriots played the 2011 Packers. You can have your opinion and take the 18-1 squad if you want. All I'm saying is, when the 2011 Packers run the table, the 2007 Patriots will become a footnote in football history compared to the Greatest Team of All-Time.

One question though: Did DVOA help the 07 Pats beat the 07 Giants? You can take your "measurements" all you want and stick them in the toilet because it's all about the W's. I will promise I won't say "I told you so" until after the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by Ripperlicious; 12-07-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Seriously, DVOA? I tend to not be quite as adamant as Ripper, but DVOA? Unless the top teams every have the highest DVOA ever, what's your point?