Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been almost 2 months since anyone has posted here.

It's been almost 2 months since anyone has posted here.

We're...
    -12-0
    -Beat 2 of the 4 teams we play in the last 4 weeks
    -2 of the 4 teams we play are on backup QBs
    -Aaron Rodgers has had 12 straight 100+ QB rating games
    -3 TDs a game will net him 49 TD passes...1 4 TD game and 3 3TD games ties the record
    -His QBR has dropped recently, but it's still 4 points over the record
    -Completion % also a little under the record but can easily be recouped playing a couple of soft pass defenses
    -Needs 310 yards per game to tie Marino's record, needs 311 in one of those games to break it
    -We beat a hungry Giants team with everything to play for with next to nothing to play for, 6 drops, a missed FG, and some missed calls
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

The Packers' weaknesses are starting to get exposed. The 2 of the remaining 4 teams on their schedule are Oak and KC. Both are busting balls for the division crown. I can't speak on Oak, but Kansas City's defense has been playing well. The offense, on the other hand, needs to produce points. If the Chiefs can fire on all cylinders, Arrowhead will come uncorked.
    Besides, the Packers are 3-6-1 all-time vs KC.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

The Packers are 0-0 vs KC with A Rod.

The teams that can compete with GB are teams who can throw. Oakland can kind of throw and KC just plain can't. GB played a team that could pass with playoffs in their sights and an inspired performance and they still couldn't pull it off. I don't see those 2 teams being an issue. The biggest fear I have is Detroit. They play us week 17 with maybe a shot at the playoffs.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

I think the Packers haven't played an "A" game since Minnesota. Against the Giants, I'd give them a "B-". However, not having Pro-Bowl caliber LT Clifton and Pro-Bowl caliber RG Josh Sitton didn't help against the Giants formidable front (namely Pierre-Paul). Not to mention not having starting ILBs AJ Hawk and Des Bishop to go along with missing Pro-Bowl SS Nick Collins all year, I give them a pass for their performance.

All of those players besides Collins will be back before the playoffs, so I say to Curtis, good luck with your prognosticating failure for the Packers, esp. with Tyler Palko manning the helm.

Blog Entries
    And the 2007 Patriots come within a heartbeat away of losing to a pathetic Baltimore Ravens team and an A.J. Feeley led Eagles team. This is the point in the year when these kind of losses happen, and those Patriots were a better team than these Packers. They have also slowed down considerably and come back down to league average in the past few weeks compared to the first half of the season. I would not be that surprised to see this team lose at some point during the remainder of the season...but I agree that it likely will not be to the Chiefs.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperlicious View Post
    All of those players besides Collins will be back before the playoffs, so I say to Curtis, good luck with your prognosticating failure for the Packers, esp. with Tyler Palko manning the helm.
    I never said the Chefs are going to win. I said the defense is playing well. If they can keep pressure on Rodgers, they can keep the score low. The problem is that KC's offense can't produce points. If they can make everything click right, and score points, they have a chance to win. It's not impossible, it's just not probable. Upsets can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I never said the Chefs are going to win. I said the defense is playing well. If they can keep pressure on Rodgers, they can keep the score low. The problem is that KC's offense can't produce points. If they can make everything click right, and score points, they have a chance to win. It's not impossible, it's just not probable. Upsets can happen.
    Rodgers is one of the best QB's when facing pressure as well, so there's that. Really the only way to try and slow down the Packers offense is to play a cover 2, which the Bears do quite well. I get the "Any given Sunday" bit, but if there's any team on the schedule that I think could beat us, I would think it would be either Chicago or Detroit.

Rodgers slices up a Cover 2. Play press man coverage, disrupt the timing of his routes and get pressure on him. The Bucs did that, and it would have worked had their third corner been just a little better.
    Editor of Bucs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Who are the chefs? Ooouggity booouugity... Que the snickers commercial!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Who are the chefs? Ooouggity booouugity... Que the snickers commercial!
    Yup. Every now and again, I will call them the Chefs. It was a funny commercial back in the day.