Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Threads Forum

Game Threads Forum

As promised, we now have a game threads forum.

There will be a thread for every game. You are welcome to discuss anything related to that game in the thread. Before during and after the game. Each thread will have a standard name 'Week 1 - Vikings @ Saints - 9/9/10'.

Users cannot create threads in the game threads forum. In order to maintain some continuity and avoid duplicate threads, a small team of well-trained, highly skilled individuals (who spent 2 weeks at 'game thread mod' camp in Sioux Falls, South Dakota) will be creating all the threads. They can be recognized by the 'GTM' patch beside the OG patch in their post-bit. If a game thread is messed up, or we miss a game, feel free to yell at a gtm.

Each thread will have a poll. Simple who will win poll, which will hopefully (but probably not) get closed before the game starts.

The Game Threads forum will be a mess. We are not going to wait until the week of the game to start the threads. I am hoping to create a 'game finder' that will go at the top of this forum so you will be able to find games by week or by team. I will post another thread explaining how to find a particular game before I have that piece written.

The forum is already populated with threads for all preseason week 1 games plus the hall of fame game. Please use this thread for feedback and only use the game threads to discuss those particular games and/or teams. Let us know what you think. We will begin putting all the other game in once we finalize the format.

Whew! When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were creating a forum for video games! Seldom have I been so happy to be wrong!

Blog Entries
    I'm looking forward to it Andy; Its gonna Rock & Roll Hard & keep us jacked up during the season!!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Perhaps a subdivision in the game threads by week?
    Gamethread Forum
    --- week 1 forum
    --- week 2 forum
    etc. etc.

Otherwise by week 10 it could be messy. I have no idea if that would be a ridiculous amount of work or not. I've never designed a forum

Blog Entries
    And away we go...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Perhaps a subdivision in the game threads by week?
    Gamethread Forum
    --- week 1 forum
    --- week 2 forum
    etc. etc.

Otherwise by week 10 it could be messy. I have no idea if that would be a ridiculous amount of work or not. I've never designed a forum
    I though about that, but you still wouldn't get all of 1 teams games on a page. I wanted a way to search by week or team, so I came up with a search by tags method. The forum will get messy, but hopefully you'll just be using the game finder (assuming I actually write it), not searching through the forum.

ah crap forgot the poll,sorry dudes,rookie mistake!
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    ah crap forgot the poll,sorry dudes,rookie mistake!
    I picked you up. It's preseason for us all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I picked you up. It's preseason for us all.
    If you bench anyone Andy, Remember, I'm the back-up!

Blog Entries
    This is gonna Rock!!! Love this type of thread; Some mad trash talking is going to go on during the division rivalry games!