Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The pirate ship has run aground!

The pirate ship has run aground!

As lifelong Bucs fans we have once again become disillusioned with our team. *sigh* We are not fairweather fans and have stuck with them through thick and thin, and we dared to think that we might actually have a winning season this time. Alas, another year of hopes dashed. The team is sloppy and undisciplined. Stupid mistakes this late in the season are not acceptable.

Can we get Gruden back before the ship completely sinks?

Gruden was fired for a reason. Those reasons haven't changed: he can't build talent, he can't coach young players.

That's not to defend Raheem Morris. Clearly, something has to change at this point. Just not back to Gruden.
    Editor of Bucs Nation

As an Eagles fan, I know how you are feeling. I've been drinking the kool-aid for many years. Headaches, convulsions and it burns when I pee. I'll be standing in line next year for a refill.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Thanks Curtis! I feel your pain too. We always have hope for the next season. Our mantra has become "maybe next year."

Respectfully Sander, even though Gruden had his faults, the Bucs did win a Super Bowl under his leadership. I can't see the Bucs even making a divisional playoff anytime in the near future. Something is wrong with the coaching & team when the players are still making so many mistakes this many months into the season. The analysts of the NFL seem reluctant to talk about how the coaches in TB are doing. Why is that? I don't want platitudes from the coach about how the team believes in themselves, or how the coach chest bumps his players when they come off the field (that's all we heard that 1st year - gag!) I want to know what they're doing specifically to fix their problems. The whole team seems to be in one big mess (except for Ronde - he's awesome as ever.)

The Bucs won a Super Bowl under Gruden because they had an established team filled with veterans, and he could coach those guys to the next level. When Gruden left he left behind a talentless team filled with holes and old players. He left behind a team that needed to be rebuilt. He did that because he couldn't coach young players.

I like Gruden as a gameday coach. I like him as an offensive coach. But he is entirely the wrong coach for a young team that is still rebuilding.
    Editor of Bucs Nation

When Gruden left he left behind a talentless team filled with holes and old players.
    When he left? More like when he got fired. We'll never forgive the TB owners for treating him that way. TB got Gruden for a price, and that was in dollars & draft picks. After Gruden led our guys to a Super Bowl win, we lost some players to injury and then Sapp & Lynch because the Bucs couldn't afford them anymore. If I remember correctly, the time was nearing when Gruden would be able to start getting the draft picks he wanted since the stipulations for getting him were met.

In my opinion, the Buc's owners went cheap and didn't want to spend money to get the players they needed. About that time they fired Gruden. Maybe the owners thought that Gruden would go straight to another team and they'd save money, but guess what? He didn't and he collected millions off of his voided contract. I think the owners were stupid in how they handled that situation. Going from a proven Super Bowl winner to a rookie head coach made no sense to me. (Correct me if I'm wrong on what I've posted, but that's they way I remember it.) I'm extremely disapointed in what I see happening in TB with our team. In my opinion the owners aren't doing a very good job managing the organization.

Gruden has a long track record of not being able to develop young passers. That's fact. Do you want him taking over a very promising young qb who's had his ego bruised a bit this year? I sure wouldn't.. however it does look like a sure fire coaching search is about to happen? Who's it going to be? I'd like zimmer to get a shot. Great coach..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

I really wasn't serious about bringing Gruden back. I know that he had issues with the QB position. My main gripe is that the owners let him go the way they did and then replaced him with a rookie head coach. The team seems to be getting worse rather than better. They started out looking pretty good this season. Something is wrong if a team is continually taking 2 steps forward and then 10 steps back.
    I sure wouldn't.. however it does look like a sure fire coaching search is about to happen?
    I don't know if the owners are considering that or not. Nobody (media) is talking about it. It's like the elephant in the room that nobody will address. I don't want to see anybody lose their job, but something has to change in TB.

I'm disappointed in the owners and management with the Bucs. I think they have made poor decisions the past few years.

I believe Raheem Morris will be fired, after the season ends. His record is 17-27. Morris and the Bucs are joined at the hip with Haley and the CHEFS. Suck 09, 10-6 in 2010, back to suck. I doubt they promote from within again. They need veteran coaching, like a Fisher or Billick.

Gruden is living it up being a tool. He needs to stay there.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Gruden is living it up being a tool. He needs to stay there.
    What has he done that makes him a tool? More power to him that he could go into broadcasting which also allows him more time to spend with his kids. I've seen the footage of him helping his oldest son's football team. Looked like he was having a great time. I love the Bucs, but not how they handled his dismissal. I love it that he didn't take another head coaching job and forced the Buc's organization to finish paying his contract. I wish Gruden much success in his life. He didn't deserve the shoddy treatment by the Bucs.