Thread: Guy Lombardo Rocks!

Guy Lombardo Rocks!

Happy New Year everyone.

Lovely evening planned here at the Pruitt Palace - cooking ribs, wings, baked sweet potatoes and a token green dish. Then I'll watch a movie with the family and stay up late watching whatever the kids want to see.

Beats hanging out with drunken strangers.

Best to all of you - hope the year is filled with (in descending order) health, happiness and comfort.

In short, a winning season for all of us.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Happy new year!

What movie?

NYE menu at the Compound:

Homemade Chinese spare ribs with a sweet chili & sriracha reduction
    Chilled jumbo shrimp (U8's) with fresh basil infused cocktail sauce
    Spinach & artichoke dip with an assortment of crackers and a beautiful round of Pumpernickel bread
    Some green stuff and a veggie & cheese tray

All that and my famous from here to across the street 'Chicken & Forty Cloves'.

Oh, and my grandmother's greatest invention: Concord Grape Holiday Slush (frozen grape juice concentrate, brandy, vodka, a kiss of dark rum & triple sec that comes out with the consistency of a Slurpee)

Happy New Year to all of FP.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Sounds delicious, except for that vicious cocktail.

Biggie, thanks for the pork shoulder tips. Threw together a rub, slathered it in rub, mustard and Worcestershire, baked it at 250 for 12 hours over onions and Coca-Cola. Slicing wasn't possible, it fell apart coming out. Didn't have any sauce (the pan drippings were pure fat) so just put it over scallion smashed spuds. Good stuff. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Sounds delicious, except for that vicious cocktail.

Biggie, thanks for the pork shoulder tips. Threw together a rub, slathered it in rub, mustard and Worcestershire, baked it at 250 for 12 hours over onions and Coca-Cola. Slicing wasn't possible, it fell apart coming out. Didn't have any sauce (the pan drippings were pure fat) so just put it over scallion smashed spuds. Good stuff. Thanks for your help.
    Glad to be of help. Pork shoulder done well is a thing of beauty.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Oh, mama, am I supposed to cook for New Year's too? I haven't even made my football picks yet.

Hugs to all. Be safe. Be smart. See ya next year.
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Oh, mama, am I supposed to cook for New Year's too? I haven't even made my football picks yet.

Hugs to all. Be safe. Be smart. See ya next year.
    Was this close to buying a frozen pizza so making dinner tomorrow wouldn't interfere with Bengals/Ravens. Couldn't make myself do it. Will wear new game-day shirt while cooking and DVR-ing.

Happy New Year to all!