Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Angelo let go by the Bears - Lovie to stay aboard

Jerry Angelo let go by the Bears - Lovie to stay aboard

Every known football & general sports site on earth has this if you want the details.

I've been mystified by the Bears for about 5 years. Who was the last defensive difference maker drafted to play in Chicago? Tommie Harris?

Jeebus. About time.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Every known football & general sports site on earth has this if you want the details.

I've been mystified by the Bears for about 5 years. Who was the last defensive difference maker drafted to play in Chicago? Tommie Harris?

Jeebus. About time.
    Finally. The QB debacle was awful to watch.

Now let's see the McCaskeys screw up the GM job search....
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    It's not just defensive difference makers that we have not been drafting, but that side has been skewed worse since Matt Forte is alive. Forte has been a god send and he was only drafted as insurance for Cedric Benson. The Ced mess is not something anyone wants to get me started on.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Just heard the Mad Genius resigned as well. So now JayJay, coming off injury, gets to break in another QB coach/OC...

Pray the Bears don't try to keep the Martz system in place without him. The Lions tried that move once. The result?

(0-16)
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    It's not just defensive difference makers that we have not been drafting, but that side has been skewed worse since Matt Forte is alive. Forte has been a god send and he was only drafted as insurance for Cedric Benson. The Ced mess is not something anyone wants to get me started on.
    Throw in the Greg Olsen tarde this year. A third rounder, I believe?

And add to the fact that trading for Cutler took away high draft picks for 2 years. Worth the price, in my book, but it means your other picks need to be solid.

Melton has turned out well, but I think that is more coaching than drafting. Paea might be a wrecking ball against the run in the future, but who knows.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

It was a third rounder, and Olsen probably would have led the team in receiving again. Letting Kreutz go screwed up their rotation, but at least it got them to finally realize that Omiyale is crap.

And you can't forget about Michael Haynes.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Mike Martz has about used up his welcome mat in the NFL. I wonder where he goes next?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bears-g-m-job/

They've finished all their interviews, and Phil Emery is the favorite for the GM spot. I would have preferred Marc Ross, but reading about Emery may have changed my mind. Was a coach at the Naval Academy for a few years, and was partly responsible for us drafting Urlacher when he was just an area scout.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

We're also trying to steal Bob Bostad from Pittsburgh as our OL coach. If the former Wisconsin Badger OL coach can't fix our line, I don't think anybody can.
    ― Walter Payton

― Walter Payton