Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFC Divisional Playoff- NY Giants 37 Green Bay Packers 20

NFC Divisional Playoff- NY Giants 37 Green Bay Packers 20

January 15,2012 4:30 pm ET
    line- Packers -9
    Last edited by Colts01; 01-15-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Looks like the Giants are playing the refs as well.That was a fumble.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    Looks like the Giants are playing the refs as well.That was a fumble.
    How many times can this happen this postseason?

1.) The refs cost the Lions a TD and 21-7 lead in the Wild Card game vs the Saints when they called Brees' fumble an incomplete pass.
    2.) The backwards lateral that got called an incomplete pass in the PIT-DEN game kept the Steelers in the game
    3.) Now they blow this call that takes the Giants out of a situation of being up 7 with the ball to now being tied.

Normally the NFL has the best referees but they have blown 3 game changing calls this year

Blog Entries
    But Yeah. That was CLEARLY a FUM. I guess the Big Ten refs got offseason gigs LOL
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Hail Marys are working for the Giants now? WTF?

Giants won this game despite the refs!
    -Hugh Leonard

How's that Packer stock doing guys?

Ahh, life is good.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

quick thoughts:

1) PAckers defense was abused, specifically Peprah at safety (great design plays by Giants)
    2) Way too many dropped passes (7 to 10 depending on your preference)
    3) Rodgers apparantly screamed at Finley on the big 3rd down play "Finish your route" (before the sack on 4th down)
    3) Giants scored on 7 of 11 drives
    4) After 1st 2 drives (FG, TD), PAckers fumbled on 3 of the next 7 (Osi was a great play by him, bad by Lang (LG))
    5) PAckers shut down the Giants run game (giants 3 runs were on the weird 3rd down with 11 sec of 1st half-23 yds, 24 yds and last 12yds runs with game already decided) other plays Bradshaw-10/16yds, Jacobs-8/8yds, Ware-2/0yds total 20/24 yds the other 3 make it 23/85yds.
    6) Philbin "issue" may have been bigger then stated...some Packers looked flat.
    7) Giants played better then the PAckers, therefore deserved the win.
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

Can't really say that the Packers shut down the Giants running gam when mistakes and bad tackling on Giants runs badly hurt the Packers.

Buy, that Packers pass defense was brutal today. Have you ever seen a hail mary where there were more receivers than defenders in the end zone. Methinks the Capers magic has worn off.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

G-men just looked like they wanted it more. Packers flat. Zebras ought to be shot. Nuff said.
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz