Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFC Conference Championship- NY Giants 20 San Francisco 49ers 17

Blog Entries
    I didn't get to watch the NE game, but it sounds like Vince Wilfork is almost single-handedly making their defense go.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Man I feel bad for that Williams kid. He will never live that down. Why on earth was he anywhere near the ball that bounced off his knee? If you can't get it clean, run the other way, dude. Ouch.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Another excellent game from the "average" NY Giants defense.

SF was 1-13 on 3rd downs. 0-1 in the red zone. Held Alex Smith to 12 completions and 178 yards. 17 points.

Good day at the office.

Looking forward to the next game, no question that NE's defense has itself stepped up. And no doubt Evil Bill will find ways to thwart Eli. But overall I think the Giants are a better balanced team.
    Average indeed.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Man I feel bad for that Williams kid. He will never live that down. Why on earth was he anywhere near the ball that bounced off his knee? If you can't get it clean, run the other way, dude. Ouch.
    I know why. When I was watching real time, I thought he should have run up and called a fair catch for great field position. But he didn't run up and let it bounce and then saw that it was going to bounce forward for 20 more yards. So he second-guessed himself and closed in order to maybe field it, but then the D players were too close and he changed his mind again and stopped trying to field it, but it grazed his knee and the rest is history.

He second-guessed himself. Like on SATs, always a bad strategy.

Can't say that I wasn't rooting for Alex Smith. He didn't play great, but his receivers didn't help him out either. One reception on about 8 targets. And him smiling while Harbaugh was trying to pump him up was priceless.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton