Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technical difficulties?

Technical difficulties?

I tried to use Google to access the site this evening and got error messages.

Not following. What kind of errors did you get?

Can't remember the words, a somewhat long technical thing. Maybe it was the computer I was using. When I reached the site, Recent Posts also didn't work.

I'm afraid there are definitely technical issues beyond the Chat problem.

After leaving Chat this evening I clicked on "Recent Posts". There were zero. None. I clicked on "Posts in the Last 24 Hours" and there were a large number of posts that I hadn't seen. Same computer I used to read this site last night and early this morning.

This same problem happened to me yesterday. Going through threads, I found a lot of posts that hadn't showed up in "Recent Posts". When I clicked on "Recent Posts", it would also take me too deep into a thread, skipping posts I hadn't yet read.

FWIW, I'm using a different computer to the one I used to discover the original problem in this thread. IOW, site issues on 2 different computers.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Site's a bit wobbly today, for me. Slow to load. Might be nothing, thought I'd mention it.

Is it just me? Or is FP acting like it got dropped on its head again?

Yesterday during chat I refreshed and got 404 Error. For about 30 minutes I got same 404 Error on every FP page (using Chrome and Firefox but all was well in IE).

Right now, I get a 404 Error when I click on "Articles" when I am in Chrome. Everything is fine in Firefox.

Weirdness.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Is it just me? Or is FP acting like it got dropped on its head again?

Yesterday during chat I refreshed and got 404 Error. For about 30 minutes I got same 404 Error on every FP page (using Chrome and Firefox but all was well in IE).

Right now, I get a 404 Error when I click on "Articles" when I am in Chrome. Everything is fine in Firefox.

Weirdness.
    I've not had those issues, and I've been using Chrome exclusively. Of course, now that I've said that, I fully expect that I'll be having issues the second I send this.
    "So whose fault is it? It's all Trumpet's fault. Just because."

-Andy Freeland

8. Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    I've not had those issues, and I've been using Chrome exclusively. Of course, now that I've said that, I fully expect that I'll be having issues the second I send this.
    It is probably just me having my standard computer issues.

Last edited by Patrick Sullivan; 11-11-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.” – Lou Brock

I didn't come here much on Sunday, but when I did everything was fine. Same with Saturday. That said, I'm not sure you'd get that error message as a result of a problem that's unique to your machine.
    Non-performing performance artist

I have been unable to log in from my usual browser (Chrome) today. Phone and Safari, yes. If it helps.

Same error message.