Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football Pros All-Man Award-Conference Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS VINCE WILFORK! YOU RECEIVE THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY FOOTBALL PROS ALL-MAN AWARD

{I'm sure his mama is very proud}
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Gotta go with the Giants' MVP - Kyle Williams. He single-handedly propelled the Giants to a SB berth.

Hopefully the 49ers cut the bum so he can sign with the Giants as an honorary captain for the Super Bowl.

Well, clem, this little item on PFT puts things into perspective a bit. Do you agree?

a pair of Giants players admitted following the NFC title game that part of the strategy was to hit punt returner Kyle Williams in the head.

“The thing is, we knew he had four concussions, so that was our biggest thing, was to take him outta the game,” linebacker Jacquain Williams said at the time regarding Williams, who muffed a punt and fumbled a punt during San Francisco.

“He’s had a lot of concussions,” receiver Devin Thomas said. “We were just like, ‘We gotta put a hit on that guy.’ . . . [Giants reserve safety Tyler] Sash did a great job hitting him early and he looked kind of dazed when he got up. I feel like that made a difference and he coughed it up.”

And poor Kyle Williams got death threats from Niners fans before the game was finished. They should send him a fruit basket.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Well, clem, this little item on PFT puts things into perspective a bit. Do you agree?
    Concussions might explain why the little twit stood there like a deer in the headlights and let a bouncing punt hit him in the leg. But it's more likely that he was a 6th round draft choice for a reason. He sucks at football. The Giants recognized that and targeted him.

Williams is currently 5th on the WR depth chart. If the 49ers draft just one receiver Kyle can go play on the Giants where he belongs. He did more for the Giants in one game than he did for the 49ers in two years.

Blog Entries
    So, uh... are the Giants not paying attention to what's going on in New Orleans right now? Because, I mean, that's not a bounty, but they're certainly not making themselves sound very good. Or sound a way the league wants them to sound.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    So, uh... are the Giants not paying attention to what's going on in New Orleans right now? Because, I mean, that's not a bounty, but they're certainly not making themselves sound very good. Or sound a way the league wants them to sound.
    The Giants quotes come from a time before the NOLA thing broke, I believe. Either after the NFC game or just after the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    The Giants quotes come from a time before the NOLA thing broke, I believe. Either after the NFC game or just after the Super Bowl.
    Fair enough, and it wouldn't make much sense for them to be talking about Williams now at all. Still, it doesn't seem like a smart thing to say.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Concussions might explain why the little twit stood there like a deer in the headlights and let a bouncing punt hit him in the leg. But it's more likely that he was a 6th round draft choice for a reason. He sucks at football. The Giants recognized that and targeted him.

Williams is currently 5th on the WR depth chart. If the 49ers draft just one receiver Kyle can go play on the Giants where he belongs. He did more for the Giants in one game than he did for the 49ers in two years.
    I'll say it once and then just leave it be, Clem. People have different responses to their favorite team and to the men who play for it. But it's always seemed to me that if a guy is on your team and he tries hard, then he deserves respect. Maybe not admiration for his skills, but respect because he fights for the same cause you believe in. I spend quite a bit of time on a soccer forum for a team in England, and generally speaking if the guy wears the shirt, he earns the right to some respect.

I realize that not everyone feels this way. I assume that you don't. But I gotta say, the venom and contempt you show towards a guy on your team leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

OK, done. I'll leave it be.

There's nothing in the league rules that says you can't (cleanly) knock the crap out of someone. The issue with the Saints is bonus pay.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    I was wondering how this got restarted. LOL

But Yeah; I think this whole trash with my Saints is shameful. I think they are getting hit hard because they did it to themselves. Just Crazy. As for Kyle Williams' playoff blunder, it goes in the Leon Lett portfolio despite DAL winning the Super Bowl that year.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley