Thread: Shurmur better watch out!

Shurmur better watch out!

In addition to having Dick Jauron as DC, he now has Brad Childress as OC.

Looks like Browns management is spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing the next head coach.

Maybe they should add Rich Kotite as Special Teams Co-Ordinator just to complete this Braintrust.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Might as well hijack your thread from the git go, Pruitt!

I saw this quote:

In addition to being tight with Shurmur, Childress is familiar with the West Coast offense the Browns installed last year and he's represented by agent Bob Lamonte, who also has Shurmur and Browns president Mike Holmgren as clients.

When McKenzie was considering whether or not to keep Hue Jackson, a big deal was made out of the fact that they share an agent.

I mean, who the f*ck cares who anyone's agent is? How on earth does that determine whether guys are compatible? It doesn't that's how. This baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    In addition to having Dick Jauron as DC, he now has Brad Childress as OC.

Looks like Browns management is spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing the next head coach.

Maybe they should add Rich Kotite as Special Teams Co-Ordinator just to complete this Braintrust.
    Man am I glad I have no need to get anywhere near the Factory of Sadness.

{And don't forget, Pruitt, Holmgren can always pull a Pat Riley and come down from the office to save the day!!}
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Assuming we kept Ray Rhodes (who was last year's LB coach), that means we now have three former NFL head coaches on staff. At least there are plenty of candidates available for the interim tag (albeit none of them brilliant) if Shurmur ever does anything stupid enough to get himself fired.
    @kocsan

That's a littany of bad NFL head coaches, all on one team. It's as in depth a proposition to understand that staff as it is to fully comprehend the matrix. Neo sends his leather overcoat and his regards in an attempt to figure it out!!

So what happens when shurmur gets canned? Will there be a interim coach controversy, like a qb controversy? Will they share play calls at practice during the week and the owner picks the hc every Friday? Will there be in fighting amongst them as to who sucked the worst as a hc? This is really reality tv gold. Hopefully someone pays for the rights to film this potential debacle. However all that drama could be wasted bc the big man could always anoint himself the interim.

Hue Jackson, caldwell, and Haley all still are unemployed. Perhaps holmgren can work them into the staff to make this all star ex hc staff!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    {And don't forget, Pruitt, Holmgren can always pull a Pat Riley and come down from the office to save the day!!}
    That's ridiculous.

Never happen.

Absolutely no way, consciously or sub-consciously Mike Holmgren is creating a situation where the only logical move is to make himself both head coach and general manager. Even though doing so, successfully, would prove that his success in Green Bay was more about him than Ron Wolf and that his failed tenure as GM/HC in Seattle wasn't his fault. I don't see it.

Who says sarcasm doesn't work on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    Assuming we kept Ray Rhodes (who was last year's LB coach), that means we now have three former NFL head coaches on staff. At least there are plenty of candidates available for the interim tag (albeit none of them brilliant) if Shurmur ever does anything stupid enough to get himself fired.
    Rhodes, Jauron and Childress? Shoot me now.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur