Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did I tell ya?

Blog Entries
    Not at all. You still don't reach for guys. After Richardson, I'm not sure where Miller, Wilson, and a few others will rate at. We also need S, CB, and G so those 4 positions need filled with the 1st 4 picks in any order, depending also on how FA goes. If we wait and draft on in round 6 or 7, more than likely, we're screwed. I'd appreciate words not being put in my mouth.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

One final attempt to steer this thread back on topic.

Jahvid Best, please retire now and save us Lions fans the grief of you being perpetually injured.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    I think he'll be a good complimentary back with LeShoure.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    One final attempt to steer this thread back on topic.

Jahvid Best, please retire now and save us Lions fans the grief of you being perpetually injured.
    I agree, gobig. He's just too slight of build and injury prone. If he doesn't retire he probably should be cut, he's not worth the roster spot. Plenty of complimetary backs will be available in the later rounds of the draft, and thru the udfa market. Guys that have a shot at doing what best has proven he cannot, stay healthy!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    I think he'll be a good complimentary back with LeShoure.
    Yeah. I'd like to see him in a Reggie Bush type role. 3rd down guy and punt return man. No doubt he is way talented. But the kid can't stay healthy. Concussion derailed him in 2011. in 2010, it was turf toe. On both freaking feet. Lions offense needs to establish a nice power run game. Here's to hoping Leshoure is that guy.

Jahvid Bust is on the field this week with his teammates for the Lions voluntary workouts. By all accounts, he looks good. But the guy has not been hit yet.

I know I rip on Best a lot. But I really do hope he is healthy and can be the guy who has shown flashes of brilliance in his few stints of good health.

That concussion history scares me to death. The Schwartz liked to say that during the 2010 offseason he liked to kill time watching YouTube videos of Jahvid Best. He must have willfully ignored this one: