Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Dynasty Intact

1. Article: Dynasty Intact

Blog Entries
    the Bears of the 40s!!!

Not sure how to judge this one, but I think I'd have to say the Steelers. 4 SBs in 6 years is quite a feat. And the went to the playoffs 8 years in the 70s.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

The Niners played in the NFC Championship game in 1981, 1983, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994 & 1998.
    Granted...they went 5-5 in those games but that is a pretty impressive run of playing for a chance to go to the SB. Think about it...10 out of 18 NFC Championships had the Niners as a contestant. So if the Pats can stay competitive for another decade they will approach the bar that the Niners set.
    Curse you free agency and the dawn of football parity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    The Niners played in the NFC Championship game in 1981, 1983, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994 & 1998.
    Granted...they went 5-5 in those games but that is a pretty impressive run of playing for a chance to go to the SB. Think about it...10 out of 18 NFC Championships had the Niners as a contestant. So if the Pats can stay competitive for another decade they will approach the bar that the Niners set.
    Curse you free agency and the dawn of football parity.
    wow. Why not 10 and 20?

In any case, wow! What happened in 85-87?
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Steelers between 72-79 went 87-27-1, winning the division every year (and it wasn't exactly the NFC West - the Oilers and Bengals had nice runs as well).

They also won 4 Super Bowls and were 14-4 in the playoffs during that run.

These stats make me wonder how much happier my life could have been...

6. All of these "dynasty" runs are impressive. My question is...which decade was it tougher to make the run..the '60s, 70's, 80's, 90's or 2000's?

Blog Entries
    In the 70's it was about juicing.

In th 80's and 90's it was about loading your roster with FAs.

In the 2000s, it was about filming your opponent's practices

The most impressive Dynasty was the Brown's with Otto Graham and then Jim Brown.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

I don't think I ever wanted a team to beat another team as badly as I wanted the '07 Giants to win that Super bowl against the Pats.(At the time Eli was still just Peyton's lil bro,still is for Colts fans)It happened and awww shucks Eli took out Brady and his man purse and the Evil Empire.
    Over time Brady and Palpatine have become not so evil to me and there are games now I actually root for the Pats.(Thank you Rex Ryan)
    I think most rational people on both sides of the Peyton/Brady fence have come to have a great respect for each while still wanting to whip them on Sunday's.
    Yes, I want the Giants to win this Sunday but I know without a doubt on Sunday when the Pats Offense comes out they will have the greatest QB since Joe Montana was a 49er leading them.

Blog Entries
    Good article - but it began when Bob Kraft Bought the team. Don't forget, we made the '96 Superbowl, too. While we hit it big with Brady, we did well before him, too.

We have the best owner. Since he bought the team, we've been to 7 AFC Championships and won 6 of them, and are 3-2 in Superbowls, and soon, I hope, that becomes 4-2. Brady has made 6 AFC Championships and is 5-1, and wants to play 5 more years. So, that means two more chances for him, on average.

4 more quarters. And while Vegas has us a the faves, we really feel like the Underdogs, it's like everyone is rooting against us. Which is fine with me.

It happened and awww shucks Eli took out Brady and his man purse and the Evil Empire.
    Ahhhh, Colts, couldn't have described it better myself.

I dislike Brady and the Pats only in the nicest possible way, meaning that I really don't like Belechik, but that team is otherworldly good; there have been many seasons when they honestly seemed to have no apparent weaknesses. This is what made them so despicable

The only team I have ever seen that actually scared me right in my own home from hundreds of miles away were those '70s Steelers teams: nasty mean and just better than everyone else to boot.