Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Article: Football Pros Super Bowl 46 Pick

Biggie made me do it.

In his never ending quest to have an NFL free of defense Roger Goodell has his dream game. Two finesse offenses and two non-existent defenses. With an absence of competent defense we have to look to the quarterbacks.

On the Patriots we have Farrah Fawcett:

On the Giants we have The Great Gazoo:

I don't know about the rest of you folks but I never had a 2X4 poster of Gazoo's nipples on my bedroom wall. Therefore my pick is:

Patriots 34 (D) - Giants 27 (hat size)

I think my Pats can do it, much it's gonna be too ugly-close for me to venture much further. I already need the Pepto-Bismol. Goes without saying I'll be too nervous to be in chat, so good luck all. More than anything I want a good clean game, little zebra action, and no injuries for either side.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Two finesse offenses and two non-existent defenses.
    Wow.

NE's D has come alive in the playoffs. And the Giants D has been good since week 16. I think the key to the game will be either (a) Giant's ability to get in Brady's face -- no sacks needed, just pressure; or (b) Vince Wilfork.

OK, this is what Biggie made me write. Listen up, Clem, this is the key to the game.

The Patriots media guide lists Vince Wilfork at 325 pounds. Uh-huh. Wilfork’s 325 like Madonna doesn't have pop-up veins. If Wilfork isn’t 400 pounds then Jay Leno is funny.

Big Vince has put his poundage to work in the playoffs. Against the Ravens, Wilfork played on 95% of the defensive snaps, planted Flacco once, hurried him 4 times, and got hisself 6 tackles, three of them for a loss.

In the process, GI (that’s GI as in gastrointestinal) Vince has transformed the New England defense from a patsy that gave up 400 yards a game in the regular season to a decent impression of a solid NFL unit in the playoffs.

Now, Vince didn’t get to 400 pounds by daintily nibbling on steamed kale and broccoli chips. There’s a fair chance folks 300 miles away in Camden, New Jersey know it’s dinner time Chez Vince because of all that noise.

So how to make sure fatty doesn’t get the wobbles on Sunday?

The power of visualization. If every time he sees Eli Manning he thinks it’s a stack of pancakes, game over. Ahmad Bradshaw? A 1500-calorie Carl’s Jr. Double Six Dollar Burger. Brandon Jacobs becomes a 1600-calorie White Castle large chocolate shake. And Giants center Dave Baas is the buffet carver who wouldn’t give him a second slice of that delicious, delicious roast beef.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Wow.

NE's D has come alive in the playoffs. And the Giants D has been good since week 16.
    Sorry wxwax. The Patriots gave up 349 points this year. The Giants gave up 400. That is absolute suckitude. They can't turn around and say "well we've been good the last two weeks" after an entire season of crap and claim to be good defenses.

We're getting two weak, finesse teams in the Super Bowl. Hopefully it will be more entertaining than the pro bowl.

It's a suave jet setting sex symbol who's married to the top supermodel and rocking a murse in public often vs captain 'aw shucks" who's still struggling to pull his "dark helmet" helmet from his travel bag, as the rest of the "space balls" try to help. Meanwhile he gives every reporter the golden retriever "lack of a train of thought" look before he goes all aaaawwww shucks at media day. I sure hope Eli finds his "Schwartz" in that bag and manages to down "pizza the hut" in the big game.

@Clem awesome post!!! Definitely spit out my drink! Does the great gazoo have nipples?
    Last edited by mikesteelnation1; 02-02-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Does the great gazoo have nipples?
    Obviously, yes. What else could be holding his belt up around his chest?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Obviously, yes. What else could be holding his belt up around his chest?
    Credible analysis gobig. Perhaps the great gazoo had an expansive FUDA to hold it up there too..Good catch. However, does that change the position Clem had about FF even a scintilla? That was a pretty solid poster FF had... Any 16yr old girls wanna debate the relevance of a tommy boy poster to the posted Farrah fawcett poster Clem posted?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Credible analysis gobig. Perhaps the great gazoo had an expansive FUDA to hold it up there too..Good catch. However, does that change the position Clem had about FF even a scintilla? That was a pretty solid poster FF had... Any 16yr old girls wanna debate the relevance of a tommy boy poster to the posted Farrah fawcett poster Clem posted?
    Dude that same poster lived on my bedroom wall for years when I was a young fella.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Dude that same poster lived on my bedroom wall for years when I was a young fella.
    No doubt. A good choice. All time choice. My question is does a chick from. Braintree or danvers with a tommy pretty boy poster want to debate its iconisism in direct correlation? It would be a good debate..... What do our FP ladies of the pats orientation think?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.