Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victor Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan97 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him get some work in with Eli against a first string defense in the preseason.
    Me too. I wouldn't be surprised to see that in game two.

If Steve Smith plays in game 2 then I don't think Cruz will play with the first team. I think they still like Barden over him, and of course Nicks, Manningham and Smith.

Blog Entries
    Just a copy of my post from the game thread:

Who is Victor Cruz? Well, he was an all CAA wide receiver last year and a two year starter. Despite the fact that a lot of these stories talk about a guy being the all-time receiver, Mr. Cruz is not. He is actually 5th all-time in receiving yards at UMass behind immortal names like Brandon London and Adrian Zullo. He is from Patterson, NJ and is already 23 years old. I hope he makes it. It does not seem like he was planning for an NFL career at all.

Adrian Zullo, the leader in career yards and receptions at UMass never played in the NFL, but did see some time in the CFL and hails from St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Florida.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    Wow. Final line for you Giants fans: 6 rec. for 145 yards and 3 TD. Potentially great find.
    I don't want to get too excited, due to the second-team defense being on the field, but it's hard not to!

I hope he makes the team and becomes a good player. But, it is one preseason game!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
    --- Jack Lambert ---

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFaninToronto View Post
    I don't want to get too excited, due to the second-team defense being on the field, but it's hard not to!
    I'm sure the stats were inflated due to the competition, but that one-handed catch had nothing to do with anyone else on the field.

Yeah! There is something there, for sure. Is it too ask that he becomes Rod Smith? I don't ask for much!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm sure the stats were inflated due to the competition, but that one-handed catch had nothing to do with anyone else on the field.
    True. Three of his catches were him making great plays on the ball.

I don't want to be too negative but...

Hixon had a 3 TD game last season also...
    - Dom