Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV shows are can't miss for you (2012 Edition)?

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    When Locke is born to his teenage momma, he's the father who shows up outside the hospital room door. Dark dude with bushy eyebrows, one of the 'Others'. Same guy who recruits Juliet to go to Portland.

And the chicks who played Libby and Anna-Lucia both look like they like to party hard.

EDIT: The casting folks for Lost really did a fine job of selecting a wide array of very, very striking and sexy women to fill roles on that show. Kate, Claire, Nikki, Anna-Lucia, Naomi, Libby, the crazy old french bat (and her daughter), Charlotte, Penelope, Nadia, Shannon, Sun. Kinda looks like a pretty solid All-Cross-Cultural Hot Draft Team...

Richard isn't the father. He shows up at the hospital because he suspects Locke is special and was going to take him to the island. This is the father.

This is Richard.

I thought the whole daddy/kidney thing was a scam being perpetuated. Oops.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Gotta say it. If I'd had to watch Lost on actual TV, I'd have strapped on my water skis and gone shark-jumping after S4. That was painful.

Gotta say it. If I'd had to watch Lost on actual TV, I'd have strapped on my water skis and gone shark-jumping after S4. That was painful.
    stay the course. Season 5 and 6 will pay you back.

Are you more into the characters or the mysteries?

Absolutely great episode of Person of Interest tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    stay the course. Season 5 and 6 will pay you back.

Are you more into the characters or the mysteries?
    Both. But the mysteries are getting a little too reminiscent of The DaVinci Code. Great book, but it could have done with a few less twists. Lost is the same way. At some point all the intersections of the characters is a bit too much. I mean, durig a 'flash' Jin drifts ashore and ends up a) still alive and b) with the crazy French bat (albeit when she was young & pregnant)? Jack's dad is now Jacob's medium? A bit too much makes it a little absurd. I'm at S5 E6 right now. The group just got back to the island. Hopefully the pace resumes and the dipstickery stops.

Both. But the mysteries are getting a little too reminiscent of The DaVinci Code. Great book, but it could have done with a few less twists. Lost is the same way. At some point all the intersections of the characters is a bit too much. I mean, durig a 'flash' Jin drifts ashore and ends up a) still alive and b) with the crazy French bat (albeit when she was young & pregnant)? Jack's dad is now Jacob's medium? A bit too much makes it a little absurd. I'm at S5 E6 right now. The group just got back to the island. Hopefully the pace resumes and the dipstickery stops.
    ahh see I love the intersections. If you buy the season 2 dvds they even connect them all (at that point) in a big spider-web. I love how all of them are interconnected, like its destiny for them to end up on the island together. (Intersections in life are fun. My older brother had a huge crush on this girl in high school. Ended up being my wife's aunt.)

You should enjoy season 5. If you're really in to the characters and their story you should like season 6. If not, you may not. I classify it like this:

"The people who liked the final season and finale are the ones who got that the show was about the characters. The people who didn't like the final season and finale are the ones who only cared about the mysteries and less about the characters."
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 02-23-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Absolutely great episode of Person of Interest tonight.
    Concur.

POI is my favorite new show, hands down. And unlike my fave show from last year (The Chicago Code), POI will be back next fall.

Hopefully the pace resumes and the dipstickery stops.
    Actually, the dipstickery has hardly begun. Strap in!

POI is a good one, but I'm loving Southland the most this year, at least till The Killing, Breaking Bad and Dexter resume. Honorable mention to a renewed vigor in CSI (Vegas) by adding Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

The first episode of "Life's Too Short" was amazing.

If you think this segment of Liam Neeson doing comedy is funny, than I recommend the series.

“I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur