Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prospect Discussion

Prospect Discussion

It should not be this dead in this forum, this time of year.

Use this thread to post about prospects you'd like more info on and feedback from the rest of the group.

I'll start. I came across this guy today and wonder if anyone knows any more about him.

Adrian Hamilton of Prairie View A&M. Adrian is a player that pops out on film, when you watch him. He is faster, stronger and better than the competition he faced this season.
    http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/...-a-m#storyjump

Looks like it's been a while since PV A&M produced an NFL player. But they have in the past, including the great Redskins safety Ken Houston.

Hamilton looks like a beast at that level.

I'll toss out another for discussion: WR/TE/HB Tyler Shoemaker of Boise State.

To me, has the make up to be a solid #2 possession receiver in the league.

Thoughts?

alright let's try another:

RB Bernard Pierce, Temple.

Any opinions?

Blog Entries
    With Pierce I like that he's physical, has solid vision, displays patience and good footwork, and he can be elusive in open space. On the downside, he doesn't offer very much in the passing game as either a receiver or blocker. He also seems to run too upright at times and lacks great straight line speed. Plus he's had a multitude of injuries and has missed plenty of games while at Temple. I can't see him being anything better than a #2 RB.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Who do you guys think are the 'Boom or Bust' players in the draft? I say they're RG3, Burfict, and Jeffrey.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Who do you guys think are the 'Boom or Bust' players in the draft? I say they're RG3, Burfict, and Jeffrey.
    I don't think RG3 will bust. I agree with you on Burfict and Jeffrey though. I'm also not that impressed with Whitney Mercilus, but know he's highly thought of.

not necessarily in the boom or bust category, but someone is going to get an absolute steal in Brandon Weeden.

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    With Pierce I like that he's physical, has solid vision, displays patience and good footwork, and he can be elusive in open space. On the downside, he doesn't offer very much in the passing game as either a receiver or blocker. He also seems to run too upright at times and lacks great straight line speed. Plus he's had a multitude of injuries and has missed plenty of games while at Temple. I can't see him being anything better than a #2 RB.
    how about shoemaker and Hamiton?

I'll also throw out one more: Jenzen Jackson. Any Vols fans in the house?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    how about shoemaker and Hamiton?

I'll also throw out one more: Jenzen Jackson. Any Vols fans in the house?
    I'm assuming you mean Tyler Shoemaker from Boise yes? I wouldn't draft him. He's got decent size and seems pretty competitive, but there's just too many things going against him. Average speed with minimal burst from the LOS, sloppy hands, tight hips, and was a product of the Boise system with Kellen Moore at QB.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    I don't understand why Kellen Moore isn't thought of as a more highly touted QB. He is probably my 3rd favorite QB out of this draft.