Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Podcasts!!!!

How Did This Get Made? - in depth mockery of bad movies
    Didn't realize a couple guys from The League did this podcast. I tried listening to a live episode, but the audio quality was terrible. Can you recommend an episode, Pruitt?
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Didn't realize a couple guys from The League did this podcast. I tried listening to a live episode, but the audio quality was terrible. Can you recommend an episode, Pruitt?
    I didn't even bother with the live episode.

The most recent podcast featuring Al Pacino's seemingly horrible "88 Minutes" was funny. The "Jingle All The Way" one was a standout, as was "The Wicker Man" episode - they are obsessed with Nicolas Cage, and as I'd just seen the "Wicker Man" (with my jaw dropped for the entire time), it was really funny.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I didn't even bother with the live episode.

The most recent podcast featuring Al Pacino's seemingly horrible "88 Minutes" was funny. The "Jingle All The Way" one was a standout, as was "The Wicker Man" episode - they are obsessed with Nicolas Cage, and as I'd just seen the "Wicker Man" (with my jaw dropped for the entire time), it was really funny.
    Awesome man, thanks. I've found that Adam Carolla's live shows are awesome so I figured I'd try this one out with the live episode because I love Weird Al. The audio was just horrible though.

Blog Entries
    Does the Red Bar guy talk about Chicago stuff? If so, I may have to check that out...I'll let you know if he represents us well haha

I'm pretty sure we had an old thread earlier about podcasts, but let's start an updated one. I'm always looking for new ones to listen to...let's separate them by football and everything else. Please write a little description for each!

Football:
    The Audible
    MOSTLY fantasy football but it's easily the most in depth and informative podcast out there. During the season they post like 7 or 8 shows a week. 2 recap shows, 2 preview shows, waiver wire, IDP, and just an NFL discussion show. They know every little small school guy and they try to gauge all of their fantasy impacts.

ESPN Football Today
    Pretty standard...gets your daily fix of NFL news. Ross Tucker is funny sometimes and you see glimmers of him break through the PC boundaries of ESPN. Matt Williamson is smart, but it sounds like he's seconds away from suicide on most episodes.

ESPN First Draft
    Mel Kiper and Todd McShay arguing for an hour. Can't beat it.

The Dave Dameshek Football Program
    If you have a high tolerance for Star Wars humor, you'll love his program. He's a very funny guy and his show is light. He often just speaks about his favorite jerseys and things like that.

Everything Else
    Tech Stuff from How Stuff Works
    Interesting podcast about technology and the social impact it has. They often talk about old video games and technology so it's big on the nostalgia.

Stuff You Should Know from How Stuff Works
    Similar to Tech Stuff but has different topics...it's not limited to just tech.

Red Bar Radio
    Chicago guy out of his condo just saying the most crude, offensive things. It's not for the easily offended but if you can withstand an onslaught of cursing and politically incorrect material, it's a very funny program. 5 days a week. They stream the show live as well.
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Blog Entries
    I used to during cardio, but now I just do it on my days off...I'll listen to Simmons, Carolla sometimes, Smodcast (Kevin Smith & Scot Mosier...very funny) and that's about it...Bill Burr is good too but it's inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    When do you guys devote the time to listening to podcasts? Commute?

Blog Entries
    yeah it's funny, again, sadly, I just don't have enough time unless I want to listen to a particular episode...anything with Cage, Drive Angry was good...I refuse to listen to the Jingle All The Way one because I like that movie, it's classic!!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    Does the Red Bar guy talk about Chicago stuff? If so, I may have to check that out...I'll let you know if he represents us well haha
    Not really other than bashing his neighborhood (I THINK it's humbolt park...could be wrong) and Wrigleyville. He used to run a comedy club on Ontario by the Rock N Roll McDonalds. He'll prank tons of local Chicago restaurants and stuff too. You'll probably know a lot of them.
    Last edited by packa7x; 04-01-2012 at 05:53 PM.