Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security threat warnings

I haven't used IE in years. Using a less popular browser is, and and of itself, a safety step.

Chrome is very nice but maybe a bit of a memory hog? Maybe not so good for old machines, fine on new ones. I alternate between Chrome and Firefox. Importing bookmarks from IE should be a snap. If you want to be really safe, use Safari for PC.

I use a decent firewall and bug snooper, both free. And I regularly use MalwareByte's AntiMalware , AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy to clean the machine.

Oh, and no warning signals from this site. It's just very, very slow to load, the slowest of any site I visit regularly.

I also have malwarebytes but don't run it regularly like AVG.

My browser is Rockmelt, which is a collaborative browser by Facebook and Google. It's basically Google Chrome with a different skin that links it to Facebook.

security threats are back in full force
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I also have malwarebytes but don't run it regularly like AVG.

My browser is Rockmelt, which is a collaborative browser by Facebook and Google. It's basically Google Chrome with a different skin that links it to Facebook.
    This is what I use as well. Rockmelt is part of the Chromium project, integrating all the goodness of Chrome (Which I LOVE by the way) with social media like twitter and facebook, plus tracking RSS feeds for several of your favorite websites. There's also a ton of apps you can run with it, such as session saver or adblock or screen capture.

@Biggie- Chrome/Rockmelt and FireFox have an ad-blocker plugin you can use. I never see the ads on this website, or any website for that matter, unless I open it with a browser I don't have an adblocker installed on.