Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You're Going To Laugh. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    LOL I'm gonna be a complete tourist but that duct tape could earn a Noble Peace Prize! LOL
    I still look back and I think i was sooo stupid getting on the plane after i saw that. I'm not even exaggerating, the guy literally put some duct tape on the plane and it was now safe.. guess I went with the old mainstay "if you can't duct it, ......"
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Or deck you in the face...
    You're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    I still look back and I think i was sooo stupid getting on the plane after i saw that. I'm not even exaggerating, the guy literally put some duct tape on the plane and it was now safe.. guess I went with the old mainstay "if you can't duct it, ......"
    Might have been some kind of helicopter tape. Among its uses are the leading edges of helicopter blades and even on race cars.

Blog Entries
    Since I'm a Germ-FreeOholic, I think I'll put my watch, keys, phone, belt all in my shoes while its in the bin & that way it won't touch something I don't want it to! YEA!!!
    Last edited by BuckeyeRidley; 02-25-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: [to]
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

It's easy to get sick traveling. Wash your hands and don't put finger to nose or eye. Sounds weird, but that's often how it gets spread.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    It's easy to get sick traveling. Wash your hands and don't put finger to nose or eye. Sounds weird, but that's often how it gets spread.
    Good advice, this.

Also, in my travel kit I keep a nasal aspirator and a few salt packets.

I know this may sound crazy. But when I get where I am going, I make about 2 oz. of very warm salt water and gargle with most of it. Then I take my aspirator and draw some into it and spray the salt water into my nose while tilting back my head (like when you use nasal spray).

Alot of airborne human pathogens die quickly when subjected to sodium chloride. Easy, legal and TSA approved way to ward off some of the creepy crawlies you encounter on a plane.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I have a neti pot that basically does the same thing. (I try to forget about the two dead people in Louisiana from bacteria in their water.)

Also bring some gum. I've grown used to the head pressure you get at altitude, but when I was a rook chewing gum helped alleviate it. Your hearing may be a little muffled and seem a bit off after landing for a few hours. It's normal..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    NO, that's sounds good. I think Bath & Body Works [I own stock in their parent company & Columbus OH corporation Limited Brands] should strike deals with airports & airlines to make anti-bacterial stuff free to flyers! There's some scents that guys could like!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Good advice, this.

Also, in my travel kit I keep a nasal aspirator and a few salt packets.

I know this may sound crazy. But when I get where I am going, I make about 2 oz. of very warm salt water and gargle with most of it. Then I take my aspirator and draw some into it and spray the salt water into my nose while tilting back my head (like when you use nasal spray).

Alot of airborne human pathogens die quickly when subjected to sodium chloride. Easy, legal and TSA approved way to ward off some of the creepy crawlies you encounter on a plane.
    Sweet; It's not just for kids anymore! Sounds like a good plan. I wont be doing that because I'm gonna plug my nose & cover my mouth for 3 hours straight!