Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mock Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    When do I need to make this pick by? I'm trying to see if Darvon still wants that trade he offered me cause If he does I'll take it.
    Tuesday, 6pm. Preferably sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Hey, the trade's done. I'm not judge and jury. It was lopsided, plain and simple, based on the system that the NFL uses. Done. Fine. It would never happen, but it's done, so we'll move on. Draft unpredictability regarding picks? Now that could happen. Were the picks accurate? Likely not, but I have less problem with unpredictability than a trade that doesn't pass the chart test.

Teams are getting smarter. They draft good football players. DeCastro in particular is a good football player. It's unconventional, but top 10 could be in his future.

In the future, may I merely suggest (since I have no more authority than that) that we follow the chart since that's the universally accepted method that the NFL uses. It's the fairest method, and the toughest to argue.

Now again Mike, my 1 for your 1, 2, 4. And also $5 million in cap space. Thanks.
    I'll only do the deal if its your 1 for my 1,2,4 the $5 mil in cap space and you take this pesky ware fella off my hands
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    If Darvon hasn't messages by abou 11-1130 tonight I'll make the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    If Darvon hasn't messages by abou 11-1130 tonight I'll make the pick.
    are you allowed to do that? You've tried to trade 3 of your 4 potential picks so far.

Blog Entries
    1. Trades are allowed, but must be realistic (ie a trade you could see the team making in real life).
    Just trying to follow the rules

And I don't disagree on DeCastro, but considering how the draft had gone, I can see a team with a need on the interior line making a play for him if the true stars of the draft have already been selected. For Washington, if Claiborne is gone, and they don't get RGIII, their choice is to reach for a WR (not a historically wise move), reach for Tannehill (who they may not believe in), reach for a S, trade down (perhaps their best choice), or make a play for the best OL on their board. Is it that outlandish that DeCastro would be their highest rated player in that scenario?

Now Cordy Glenn on the other hand...
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    I'll only do the deal if its your 1 for my 1,2,4 the $5 mil in cap space and you take this pesky ware fella off my hands
    Sorry, dealbreaker.

-Marion Motley

Gosh, I feel like I'm in a war room!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Sorry, dealbreaker.
    What if I throw in another $5 mil and cap room, and give you some tickets to the next superbowl in our "special" temporary seats?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    What if I throw in another $5 mil and cap room, and give you some tickets to the next superbowl in our "special" temporary seats?
    Done. {Those "special" temporary seats sound like a sure thing.}

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    The STL Rams select Trent Richardson RB Alabama.