Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does Peyton Manning land...Miami, Arizona, somewhere else?

1. Where does Peyton Manning land...Miami, Arizona, somewhere else?

Miami's owner Stephen Ross is looking for star power. Ken Whisenhunt wants to make another run at the Super Bowl with a veteran QB like he did with Kurt Warner. Two strong possibilities. People are saying the team that gets Manning will also get the offense he has run in Indianapolis. Manning has menza football IQ, and he can run ANY offense. No one studies EVERY nuance of the game like Peyton Manning. I would love to see Manning take another franchise to a Super Bowl victory. He is a historian of the game and realizes the significance of such an achievement. He won't get the opportunity to finish a stellar career with the same franchise like Derek Jeter and other icons. Who has been more important to the NFL in the last decade and a half than Manning? He has been the face of the NFL. The book hasn't been written yet....just a new chapter.

Blog Entries
    I think Miami, but I would love to see him in SF or Houston.

I hope the Bills get him, but that's wishful thinking. I think he get's signed by the Jets.
    There are few irreversible truths in life, death, taxes and "Dick Jauron will always call for a PUNT", even on fourth and goal, Week 17, playoff implications, 3 timeouts, down by 5 with 10 seconds remaining in the fourth.

Blog Entries
    Just a quick thought is that I would want to have a good line in front of me if I was PM. I think that bodes well for Miami and the Jets. Of course, the sore spot for the Jets line is former Colt, Wayne Hunter, so at least PM is used to his brand of stink.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Miami. Jets would need to cut Sanchez in order to sign PM, and I'm not sure if they want to do that just yet. I think the Jets get Jason Campbell or Chad Henne for competition.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Washington Redskins to save Shanahan's job. However, I'm not so sure about playing outdoors in the cold NFC East will be conducive to Manning's style. Miami or Arizona might just be better fits.
    Last edited by buzmeg; 03-07-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)

7. My Take:
    Jets - No, they want to be a ground and pound team. You don't sign Peyton to be a ground and pound offense. Besides, I don't think he wants to play in the same city as Eli.
    Redskins - No, not sure they have enough to excite Peyton, their offense wasn't very good last year.
    Miami - Good possibility, the owner wants to make a loud statement to fans. They have some weapons on offense and were a pretty good defense last year.
    Arizona - Possible, with Kolb's big contract, I don't know if they can afford to pay both. O-line issues could make Peyton look elsewhere.
    Minnesota - I like this scenario. Letting Ponder sit and learn from Peyton would be ideal. They have a great RB but would need to upgrade the O-line and the WR position.
    Seattle - Possible, hands down P. Manning over T. Jackson is a better option. This team needs a shot in the arm in the pass game, Manning would be a good start but other things would have to happen for Manning to want to go to Seattle.
    Chiefs - Possible, would need to upgrade the WR position to entice Peyton.
    Jaguars - I would try to sign Peyton, Gabbert isn't ready to shine, and, Peyton would do wonders in showing/teaching Gabbert how to be a pro. These fans need something to get excited about. Upgrade the WR group and sign Peyton! You would put butts in the seats, and, you would have a great teacher for your future QB Gabbert. What a statement the new owner would make! Besides, Peyton would see the Colts twice a year ... how great would that be?
    Last edited by Turk Schonert; 03-07-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mike Silver brought up an intersting point: Houston

That would be ridiculous.... a dome team, great OL, great D.

Schaub is always injured, and they are high on Yates. Plug in Manning to that team, cut or trade Schaub....wow!

I've always thought the Jaguars should make a run at him (good Lines, new owner, good weather) because of their huge cap room. No existing offesncive philospohy so you could go with Manning, and you get to redshirt Gabbert.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    Houston is an intriguing point. Since I'm not looking it up at this moment, I'm wondering how cap friendly Schaub's deal is. Perhaps if he has a moveable contract, but otherwise, I can't see it happening. But that may be his ideal/best fit.

I'd say Arizona except for the money they just gave Kolb. Can't see that financially working out for them. Think they'd like to have Cromartie and thwo at #2 in this year's draft back at this moment?

The two teams I see as the strongest contenders were brought up by Turk, but are kind of under-the-radar. I think Seattle makes a ton of sense. We've seen what Sidney Rice can do with competent QB play. Add in Reggie Wayne, give Manning Lynch in the backfield, and that's a solid team. The other team is KC. Cassell has a cap friendly deal, as has been pointed out in our mock. They can drop him for a pittence. While they don't have the chips to land an RGIII, as somehow happened in the mock, they should have the capability to realistically grab Peyton.

I love these random stories by the way. I've mentioned my fascination with the Colts happening to have the top pick in each of the years that Elway, Manning, and Luck were available. Having Manning end up in KC, when that's the team that landed Joe Montana in a similar situation (albeit Montana was acquired via trade), is a bit of poetry to me as well.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    I tweeted this morning that I would love for Manning to show up to the presser in a Texans hat. Never will happen, but it will have provided great entertainment. Micha responded and said that he should wear the cowboy boots, too. I think it would be priceless. I guess I watched too much wrestling growing up, but since these guys are merely perfecting personas in the public eye already, why not ratchet it up a notch and have Manning turn "heel." I imagine a quick smack talk followed by Manning dropping a microphone and leaving the stage. Come on, enough of this vanilla crap that is fake anyway, let's get maximum entertainment.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast