Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does Peyton Manning land...Miami, Arizona, somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Between Randy "I play when I wanna play" Moss and Parrish "She was asking for it" Cox I'm pretty much disgusted with the 49ers FA signings. May as well add Wheelchair Manning to make the season a total mockery. Hell, why not bail Rae Carruth out of jail and put him at WR while they're at it?

Blah.
    Seems Clem may rediscover his flask of scotch over these off season acquisitions. While were mentioning old broken down receivers, why not give plax a go? There's plenty of night clubs in Sf!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Between Randy "I play when I wanna play" Moss and Parrish "She was asking for it" Cox I'm pretty much disgusted with the 49ers FA signings. May as well add Wheelchair Manning to make the season a total mockery. Hell, why not bail Rae Carruth out of jail and put him at WR while they're at it?

Blah.
    I'm surprised you don't like the idea of Manning, especially in light of your unhappiness with Alex Smith.

Blog Entries

Blah.

Excuse me???

You are disgusted with replacing Alex Smith with Peyton Manning????
    ANDY, we need an ID check on whoever posted this. We've been hacked.
    I just hope Clem is ok. That's why I will never get one of those thumb swipe laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    Excuse me???

You are disgusted with replacing Alex Smith with Peyton Manning????
    ANDY, we need an ID check on whoever posted this. We've been hacked.
    I just hope Clem is ok. That's why I will never get one of those thumb swipe laptops.
    Peyton Manning from 5 years ago maybe, but this dude is one Ray Lewis sack away from paralysis. At best, the team who signs PM is looking for a one year miracle, someone to save a coach or GM's job, not a guy to add to the formidable mix in place for the future.

I agree with Clem. This is ridiculous. And the $ PM wants is laughable. I'm losing tons of respect for him. Dude can't even throw and he wants to hogtie how many teams out there because of his legacy? Lunacy ....
    These are my principles and if you don't like them ... well ... I have others. ~ Groucho

Blog Entries
    Peyton Manning from 5 years ago maybe, but this dude is one Ray Lewis sack away from paralysis.
    Hey, so am I.

At best, the team who signs PM is looking for a one year miracle, someone to save a coach or GM's job, not a guy to add to the formidable mix in place for the future.
    1) You forget about the Mayan calendar.
    2) You are talking like a Patriot fan. Remember that Lions fans make secret death pacts with their friends to take the urn with their ashes to the first Lions Superbowl, if any are still living and the Sun hasn't nova'd or the universe die from heat death.

I agree with Clem. This is ridiculous. And the $ PM wants is laughable.
    uh huh.

Because you have to save that cap space for Alex?

Blog Entries
    PM goes to Denver, because that is the only way Elway can ship Tebow out of town and still walk the streets without looking for little red dots.

Peyton Manning's neck can withstand a hit. The Doctor said he would let his own son play. The problem was nerve regeneration.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Peyton Manning from 5 years ago maybe, but this dude is one Ray Lewis sack away from paralysis. At best, the team who signs PM is looking for a one year miracle, someone to save a coach or GM's job, not a guy to add to the formidable mix in place for the future.

I agree with Clem. This is ridiculous. And the $ PM wants is laughable. I'm losing tons of respect for him. Dude can't even throw and he wants to hogtie how many teams out there because of his legacy? Lunacy ....
    I'm really curious to see which Peyton Manning we get. A guy who's rested, fit and throwing well? Or a guy whose skills are seriously on the decline?

As for the free agent drama, yeah, it's not looking good. I always had a sneaky suspicion that money was a bigger deal than people initially believed. However, just like I don't blame Mario Williams, I also don't blame Manning. It's a profession and it's his last payday. They don't play the game for free, nor should they.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Dude can't even throw and he wants to hogtie how many teams out there because of his legacy? Lunacy ....
    Except that all accounts from the teams he's worked out for (Niners on Tuesday, Broncos on Friday, Titans today) are that he looks strong and has plenty of arm strength.

He's going to Tennessee. It's a done deal, and this was the clincher:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...WS01/303160086
    Seriously, if someone in Indy, say Cracker Barrel, had offered him pancakes don't you think he would have stayed? Darn cheap Hoosiers
    No one is holding a gun to these people's heads forcing them to play the waiting game with Manning (well, I think the people of Tennessee may actually be holding a gun to Bud Adams's head, but that's the exception). The fact that they are all googly-eyed over a 36-year-old man whose recovery status is iffy and who has at most a few years left if he is completely healthy is a testament to the general insanity of some owners and to the abilities and reputation of Peyton Manning.