Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does Peyton Manning land...Miami, Arizona, somewhere else?

Reportedly, Manning will visit Tennessee. His decision will therefore not coincide with the beginning of free agency.

I have to say, if you ever find yourself feeling good about about your fellow man, read the comments in Pro Football Talk. The negative stuff people consistently come up with makes the Peyton Manning take-down that's going on here look like a pep rally.

Part of the blame goes to Florio and his snarky style. He sets the tone. But goodness, the bile some folks spew in those comments is really discouraging.

Blog Entries
    I gave up on other forums. The noise to signal ratio is not worth it.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    I gave up on other forums. The noise to signal ratio is not worth it.
    I found a good one for Chelsea. The mods are very good at eliminating the trolls. Banning people reduces traffic but it makes for a more pleasant experience.

Comments to online articles are a different matter. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    All reports are that the 49ers have zero interest in Manning.

Of course, GMs are notorious liars, so who knows?
    It looks like they are back in the hunt...good grief Charlie Brown...I hope this comes to fruition. Peyton with a broken neck, in a wheel chair and blowing through a straw to make audibles at the line of scrimmage could probably lead a more effective offense than Alex Smith.
    If the 49'ers success offends you...so be it.
    Namaste...*****es.

I think these things:

Manning seems to have recovered his arm strength. We have the Stokely and the 49ers comments as evidence. That's encouraging. I'd love to see a capable manning squeeze out a few more years.

The leaks are not coming from Manning. There's no consistency to the timing of them, which suggests they're coming from the individual teams. For example, we only learned about the 49ers session a day later, whereas the Denver visit was known well ahead of time.

Manning in Arizona would have been fun. I'm sorry that's off the table.

Manning in SF would be scary... if they can get him a wideout. Moss ain't it, except for jump balls. I wonder if Manning can whip Crabtree into something?

All the finalists are outdoors grass teams. Per his critics, Manning should suck. I'm looking forward to this.

Manning in SF would be scary... if they can get him a wideout. Moss ain't it, except for jump balls. I wonder if Manning can whip Crabtree into something?
    I truly do not know what SF is thinking with Moss; if they want a past-his-prime wideout why not go for Ochocinco instead? At least his love of the limelight is usually harmless and even occasionally entertaining. Moss....no.
    I still love the idea of Manning in SF (despite my enduring bitterness and resentment toward them), though I fully expect the state of Tennessee to offer to make Peyton governor--or maybe even king-- before it's all said and done.

It's my fault, not theirs, but there's something so anonymous about Tennessee that I'd rather he didn't play there.

Blog Entries
    PM makes mediocre WRs VG.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    There's something so anonymous about Tennessee that I'd rather he didn't play there.
    Agree.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I truly do not know what SF is thinking with Moss
    Between Randy "I play when I wanna play" Moss and Parrish "She was asking for it" Cox I'm pretty much disgusted with the 49ers FA signings. May as well add Wheelchair Manning to make the season a total mockery. Hell, why not bail Rae Carruth out of jail and put him at WR while they're at it?

Blah.