Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Irsay cuts the "s" out of Indianapoli

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I think it's fair to ask how many leaders a 2-14 team actually has?
    There is no one (not named Irsay) left from that incredible run. Front office, coaches, team leaders - all gone.
    I was referring to the team leaders from the run of 9 straight 10+ win years, Manning, Wayne, Clark, etc. Freeney and Mathis are still around, but sounds like Freeney is on the way out too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    How could you possibly have any basis for making that judgment?

It's a new GM and a new head coach. About the only constant is the owner, who has been hands off in the past. He let his last GM do a pretty freaking good job of building a team, IIRC.

You can't possibly have a feel for these guys until they've been in action for a year or two.
    Exactly. I have no confidence that they can build a GOOD+ team is NOT I have confidence they can't.
    Making a GOOD+ team is REALLY hard. Worst to first is not the same as GOOD+ team. It just means that health and schedule can swing a GOOD+ team back and forth for a year.

When Polian built Indy, he had a track record. This crew doesn't and are starting from scratch. The best player on the Colts now (assuming Freeney is out) is????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    Exactly. I have no confidence that they can build a GOOD+ team is NOT I have confidence they can't.
    Making a GOOD+ team is REALLY hard. Worst to first is not the same as GOOD+ team. It just means that health and schedule can swing a GOOD+ team back and forth for a year.

When Polian built Indy, he had a track record. This crew doesn't and are starting from scratch. The best player on the Colts now (assuming Freeney is out) is????
    Costanzo, the new LT. And whoemver they draft at #1
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post

Next month ???? will be Andrew Luck.
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)