Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irsay cuts the "s" out of Indianapoli

Irsay cuts the "s" out of Indianapoli

Dallas Clark,Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, Gary Brackett and everyones favorite Curtis "freaking" Painter were cut today.Dwight Freeney is on the trading block and it looks safe to say Wayne won't be back.The total purge of all things Peyton keeps going.
    It's a hell of a garage sale at Crazy Jimmy's.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    You should be...what about $50M under the cap by the time 2012 ends?

Blog Entries
    Good move. Buiild from the ground up, make moves to solidify the lines. Wouldn't be suprised for the Colts to be big players in the Mario Williams sweepstakes. If somebody knows what a terror that man can be, it's the franchise he's been aimed at for the last 6 years. Very few times is an elite pass rusher at 27 years old up for grabs.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Good move. Buiild from the ground up, make moves to solidify the lines. Wouldn't be suprised for the Colts to be big players in the Mario Williams sweepstakes. If somebody knows what a terror that man can be, it's the franchise he's been aimed at for the last 6 years. Very few times is an elite pass rusher at 27 years old up for grabs.
    ^This. The Colts saw first hand last season that they needed a complete overhaul of that roster. Time to start building now so you can make a serious run in 3 years.

Blog Entries
    Well, it will be interesting to see IF they can build a good team again. Give them 3 years and see if they are back in the playoffs 60% of the time (which is my definition of a GOOD team).

That's a heck of a thought Iwatt. The Colts can afford Mario now and he's young enough to be a HUGE building block going forward.

Blog Entries
    Definitions

Good Team (40% Playoffs, 2 of last 5 years, at least 1 playoff wins) i.e. Vikings
    Mediocre Team (20% Playoffs, 1 of 5 years) i.e. Chicago
    Poor Team ( <20% Playoffs) i.e. St Louis
    Very Good Team (60% Playoffs, 3 of 5 years) i.e. Atlanta
    Great Team (80% Playoffs and 4 playoff wins in last 5 years)
    Last edited by darvon; 03-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    Well, it will be interesting to see IF they can build a good team again. Give them 3 years and see if they are back in the playoffs 60% of the time (which is my definition of a GOOD team).
    Its going to reduce the pressure of competing with luck straight out.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    I have no confidence in Indy being any good at building a team. Let's see something first. Won't these cuts cause some 2012 cap hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    Dallas Clark,Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, Gary Brackett and everyones favorite Curtis "freaking" Painter were cut today.Dwight Freeney is on the trading block and it looks safe to say Wayne won't be back.The total purge of all things Peyton keeps going.
    It's a hell of a garage sale at Crazy Jimmy's.
    This is painful. I mean, not the Curtis Painter part, but the rest of it. I hate, hate, hate being emotionally attached to a team, and it doesn't happen that often. Dick Wagner ripped my heart out when he took apart the Big Red Machine; the Brown family let what seemed like half of the Bengals Superbowl XVI team sign with the USFL...now the destruction of the Peyton Manning edition of the Colts is nearly complete....I feel like that old Spanky & Our Gang song, "Sundays Will Never Be the Same." I am not ready to be rational about this. I'd curl up in the fetal position except that it's hard to drink that way