Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Cap Changes - Cowboys and Redskins

Major Cap Changes - Cowboys and Redskins

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.
    13 minutes ago

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Cowboys lose $10 million in cap space, Redskins lose $36 million in space. Can split it over 2012 and 2013 any way they want. More at ESPN.

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

All that money goes to 28 other teams -- $1.6 million each -- except for Saints and Raiders, who don't get any but don't lose any.
    1 minute ago

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Redskins lose $36 million in space.
    Ouch!

Vincent Jackson is crying in his soup.
    Last edited by wxwax; 03-12-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, hadn't seen the actual amounts. $36 million is a massive amount of space to lose. I also read that the NFL punished the Broncos twice during Shanny's tenure, and now again with Washington.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.
    I hope the NFL doesn't use the phrase 'uncapped year' in association with this, that's too much irony even for me. The NFLPA should appeal this. They negotiated an uncapped year into the last CBA and the league made it uncapped in name only.

Yeah, that's a major miscalculation by the Redskins front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I hope the NFL doesn't use the phrase 'uncapped year' in association with this, that's too much irony even for me. The NFLPA should appeal this. They negotiated an uncapped year into the last CBA and the league made it uncapped in name only.
    The ESPN story mentioned that the NFL had warned teams not to take advantage of the "uncapped year" by front-loading contracts.

I hadn't realized this was subject to any kind of appeal. It will be interesting to see if there's a next step.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    The ESPN story mentioned that the NFL had warned teams not to take advantage of the "uncapped year" by front-loading contracts.

I hadn't realized this was subject to any kind of appeal. It will be interesting to see if there's a next step.
    This is because of the Haynesworth et.al. deals?
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    This is because of the Haynesworth et.al. deals?
    yea I read a tweet that the Cowboys gave Miles Austin $17 million in 2010 (rather than spreading it out) and owners around the league were PISSED.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post

I don't know if it's subject to appeal or not, or if the NFLPA even cares. The fact that the league warned teams makes no difference to me. The fact that they can come back later and penalize teams like this means that it wasn't really an uncapped year.