Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Florio is slowly going insane

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Womanizing rumors? That's why I was careful to specify "public life."
    No, definitely not, but rumors of not re-negotiating his contract, sucking up all the $, and of course, throwing his teammates under the occasional bus have floated around for years. Doesn't make him a horrible person at all, but smacks of a me-first mentality IMO.

How much cooler would it have been if PM had just said ...

"I'm going to honor Mr. Trip's retired #18 by keeping it retired and playing under my old college #16 (or whatever) and looking forward to bringing another Lombardi to Denver in this new era. Please join me in this new quest for hope, looking forward, I'm so grateful ... blah, blah .... Let's play ball!"?
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

"I'm going to honor Mr. Trip's retired #18 by keeping it retired and playing under my old college #16 (or whatever) and looking forward to bringing another Lombardi to Denver in this new era. Please join me in this new quest for hope, looking forward, I'm so grateful ... blah, blah .... Let's play ball!"?
    I see what you're saying here, but here's a lesson I learned a long time ago: if someone is offering something you want, don't be bashful. Have you ever been to someone's house for the first time and you're super hungry and they offer you food and you decline just based on the fact that you'd find it a little weird? Then they ask again and you still say no, but then you get the feeling like you're kind of offending them by saying no? Maybe I'm the only one who has ever felt this way, but I truly feel like I'm offending people when I decline so many times. If Mr. Trip insisted, why must Manning refuse? Does it make Manning a horrific person for accepting? I don't think so. I truly do understand your position that retired means retired, but on the other hand, people come out of retirement too. Retired does not mean forbidden.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    No, definitely not, but rumors of not re-negotiating his contract, sucking up all the $, and of course, throwing his teammates under the occasional bus have floated around for years. Doesn't make him a horrible person at all, but smacks of a me-first mentality IMO.

How much cooler would it have been if PM had just said ...

and what if Tripucka had insisted? Would you choose to look noble publically at the expense of insulting someone privately?

Jeebus, when you guys get your fangs into something you really don't let go, do you?

I don't know PM, I don't know Mr. Trip, and I certainly, don't trust anything the media says as gospel. All I've done is advocate for a quiet, lowkey respectful approach to life. I suggest we all get back to ours.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Not until the National Day of No Outrage, which is Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Not until the National Day of No Outrage, which is Sunday.
    I would get on board if I didn't hate that man with a passion.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    I generally don't have much use for Bill Maher, or people like him. (Oh, really?! You know that a lot of Americans believe flagrantly contradictory and fairly stupid things about complicated subjects? You must be soooooooooooo enlightened!) But I'm with him on this one.
    @kocsan