Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Tebow a Jet!

Blog Entries
    Are the Jets going to be on Hard Knocks this year? If not, why bother filming a show?

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    Are the Jets going to be on Hard Knocks this year? If not, why bother filming a show?
    Oh, man...what a thought....I would almost pay to see that.

Everyone has made good points about the use of the wildcat. Turk was spot on in saying its stymied recently because no one has a legit thrower of the rock to make it actually a threat.

Here's a deeper thought/question.. how come every team that highlighted the use of the wildcat package sucked? Because their qb sucked. As a once in a while gimmick, its a great idea to have it in your arsenal. As a staple it leads to disappointing seasons. If your team is good one of the 3 best players on it is your qb. If your team is great, he is the best player. None of these teams would regularly yank one of their best for a gimmicky offense. The jets are grasping for life, because they know they're in cap hell and their qb sucks. They couldn't afford to be in the race for the guy they wanted.

I can appreciate them trying everything given their finances to try and win, but tannenbaum exhibits all the bad traits of a high level leader. He sees things from the ground floor, not 30,000 feet like a high level executive should. He's like an impulsive child, not the captain of a billion dollar ship. Not only does he seem to not see long term ramifications of signings, but he fails to even see the short term issues they present. Like this one. Tebow has won games, won playoff games. He's a gamer, who's team mates seem to love him and fans are polarized by him.

If he signed tebow to be a back up wildcat guy, not seeing that he just created a qb controversy, given the junk qb he just extended, he's a moron!! An unmitigated moron!! I haven't used that word in forever, and slam me for its use if you'd like. It's very apt useage in this vernacular. In no way shape or form should this guy be a gm of an NFL team. He's made so many bad deals its insane. Now this?? Really??

The drama created by this signing isn't even fit for hard knocks. Unless mtv is signed on as a production consultant to get the most out of the drama.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

I like the speculation coming out of New York. Tebow as the protector on punts? He'd be a dual threat -- direct snap or as a receiver with good running skills. And they're talking 20 snaps a game, rain or shine, anywhere, anytime. That makes him less predictable. It may all come to tears in the ends, but there are hints the Jets are thinking creatively.

Perfect place for Saint Timmy. Just another clown in the circus that is the Jesters.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Perfect place for Saint Timmy. Just another clown in the circus that is the Jesters.
    Bringing a new act to the circus is always good for business. A great many Tebow fans are not Broncos fans, or even football fans. These same fans will follow him to NY, buy his greens and chant his name. More interest, more revenue. Not just for the NFL but for the NY market. Everybody wins, except Sanchez.

The wildcat has been mentioned a bit in this thread, and on one hand I agree mostly with everyone. On the other hand, we are assuming that Tebow is still the same bad passer we saw last season. It is very possible that he is working on his mechanics this offseason. Certainly an offseason won't make him Montana by any means, but if he makes any progress as a passer alone, he will add a significant dimension to this team than the previous.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

I was surprised that least season, Tebow's second as a pro, that his throwing motion was essentially the same as he had at Florida. Despite his intensive pre-draft tutorials and despite -- now -- two seasons of Broncos coaching, no change. I believe that big old loop is there to stay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Bringing a new act to the circus is always good for business. A great many Tebow fans are not Broncos fans, or even football fans. These same fans will follow him to NY, buy his greens and chant his name. More interest, more revenue. Not just for the NFL but for the NY market. Everybody wins, except Sanchez.
    That totally sums up Tebowmania. Will you be see some of the rabidity you saw in Denver? Only time will tell.
    As far as the Wildcat is concerned, no one will ever convince me it's anything but a tacit admission that your starting quarterback is inadequate. When a team fully integrates the Wildcat into an offense that rolls through an entire season and carries a team to the playoffs, call me. Until then I will remain convinced that it's just a gimmick used by teams with no where else to go. Even Tebow didn't have success in Denver until he took every snap.

I dunno, there are knowledgable football fans out there that think Tebow is great and just needs a chance to shine and be put in the right system. Heck, Skip Baseless says that all that Tebow does is win and therefore is in love with him. There are myopic football fans out there that see the success the Broncos had under Tebow and think he should start.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't run the Wildcat, but I think you can make a case that Tebow in the red zone is more efficient than Sanchez, so just limited to goaline play, he's worth the investment.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte