Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Season Thread

So young Austin Jackson of the Tigers is finally showing the plate presence we Motor City Kitties fans have been awaitng. Kid finally lost that stupid showboating leg kick he employed at the beginning of his swing.

NOTE: I understand fully the monumental size of the "IF" I am about throw out there.

IF AJax can keep this up and becomes the leadoff man we have been promised and Miggy & Prince keep doing what they do, this is going to be a crazy fun year to watch Detroit play ball.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

After being swept by the Mets and losing their first to the Astros, the Braves finally won a game. Spolied Houston's 50th birthday. Good lord, to think a baseball team used to have handgun on its home uniform. How much did Colt pay them for the name?

I will say that unlike at most ballparks, the fans behind home plate in Houston actually watched the game, they didn't call their pals watching them on TV or chat amongst themselves about how rich they were.

Blog Entries
    Just in case anyone was wondering, the Kansas City Royals have no pitching. The Cleveland Indians--who came into this weekend batting about .154 as a team or something--have boomsticked the Royals for 8, 11, and now 13 runs (with this last number still in progress in the 8th). If Detroit has a meaningful challenger in the Central, it isn't coming out of Kansas City, as some have suggested this spring.
    @kocsan

God bless Jackie Robinson. I'm wearing the #42 today in his honor.

<raises big fist in tribute>

Blog Entries
    The Royals just brought in a centerfielder to pitch the ninth. With the help of a double-play ball, he faced the minimum. Of course he did.
    @kocsan

Despite Papa Grande's best efforts to blow it, the Tigers just beat the White Sox 5-2. And I just cut my grass for the first time this year. Summer is just around the corner, kids.

I'm sorry to hear the Royals suck. I feel bad for that franchise. Been a long time.

The Braves split on the road with the Astros, come home and sweep the very tough Brewers. Every game a dogfight. Chipper gets his knee drained on Friday, come Sunday he knocks out a 3-run shot. McCann, who's a budding superstar, is in fine form too. Hope the bullpen holds together.

I loved the Royals as a kid. George Brett was one of my boyhood idols. But they are a division rival. Screw those guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I'm sorry to hear the Royals suck. I feel bad for that franchise. Been a long time.
    There's glory in the suffering.
    @kocsan

Brett coming out of the dugout after the Pine Tar Incident was always one of my favorite moments in sports.

My pop called it "How to Lose Your Mind 101".