Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Honest and Open Assessment of the Steelers Free Agent Signings...

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    The Steelers have re-signed Y2Jerricho Cotchery to a 2 year deal.

I also should point out their high frequency of activity immediately following the end of their season. They signed 16 players between Jan 18 and 20, most notably Troy Smith and Derrick Williams, who were both prominently involved in my favorite all-time sporting event that I actually attended, the White Out at Beaver Stadium in 2005.

They also signed Wes Lyons and Will Johnson on March 21.

I chose to ignore the Ramon Foster re-signing hoping it would go away. {I'm about nothing if not journalistic integrity}
    I totally forgot about all the activity as we very, very quickly lined up our training camp fodder post being tebowed, in January. We need a few guys to allow the silver back to get his aggression out, and some guys to help our o line build self esteem, as they can actually block them. The fact they didn't have jobs in January probably speaks to their {incredible playing abilities}

Our front office acts quickly and decisively!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

{Trumpet, now I have to question your dedication to the journalistic process also!!! We've now gone 4 days in a row signing free agents with the signing of Essex today!!} {If you're going to report on the steelers, you have to be all in. If you're unable to do so, may I suggest reporting on the dolphins??}
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    Again, if you ignore it, it will go away. At least that's the hope.
    Last edited by Trumpetbdw; 04-13-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Yes, that means I'm more excited for Troy Smith and Derrick Williams than Trai Essex.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley