Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Turk's 2012 Mock Draft

If poe, hightower, Glenn, cox, and barron are gone the steelers most likely will pick an o lineman. I just don't think it should be Adams. He's not any better than the guys we have. I'd prefer them picking zeitler, or worthy as a nt based on who was left on your mock.

Of course I'd prefer Detroit to let old habits die hard and pick a wr in the 1st, so we can snatch hightower.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    To be honest ... I really don't think that Miami would trade up. If Tannehill isn't taken at #8 by Miami it says to me that he isn't significantly better than the other QB's rated 3 thru 6 in their eyes ... so why trade up?
    After the Palmer trade ... I call Mike "Wheeler Dealer Mike" now. Wouldn't a first and three 2nds look good in next years draft ... talk about building your future!
    I'd rather have the 2 firsts and 2 seconds this year.

I'm in favor of gaining more high picks, but I like them to be in the same year as the pick I'm giving up! lol

Fwiw, I do think the Bengals will be shopping the pick, but more likely partners will be the patriots, eagles or rams who have multiple first and 2nd rounders in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Skycatch View Post
    Strictly looking at the Bengals, I think it goes like this:

1. DeCastro or Glenn
    1a. Gilmore or Kirkpatrick
    2. Lamar Miller
    3. Brian Quick
    4. Markelle Martin.

The only exception might be that if Richardson keeps falling, then I think you have to take him.
    that'd be pretty solid, though I'm not convinced they take a safety in the draft at this point.

I think this is the short list for the Bengals at 17 and 21 (in no order):

Decastro
    Glenn
    Kirkpatrick
    Gilmore
    Reiff
    Floyd
    Jeffery

I think both picks will come from that list.

add coples and richardson if they were to drop.

Jenkins is also probably on the list, but personally I wouldn't consider him unless kirkpatrick and gilmore are both gone at 21.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I like Fletcher Cox as a player, but I have to ask you're reasoning as DT being a "need" Turk. The Bengals currently have 2 starters entrenched at DT (with one coming off a pro bowl appearance) and have a solid third DT. DT is not a need for the Bengals at all, and to boot they only typically dress 3 on gameday, which they already have. I can't see them passing on real needs like Glenn and Gilmore to take a non-position of need.

What did Miami give to the Bengals for the trade up?
    Just figured it out, I misread Oakland's needs for Cinti's. You're right ... the Bengals don't need a DT.

5. Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    My top 10, in no particular order.

1) Jim Irsay had a few too many drinks and gave away the 1st pick in a Twitter contest which was won by @CanadianBob. Bob promptly drafted Andrew Luck to play for the Toronto Argonauts.

2) In a surprise move the Redskins select Steve Jobs, Owner, Deceased. Said Bruce Allen, “Snyder has been a bust and we really need better production at the owner position. We realize that Jobs is life-challenged but we feel he can be a significant upgrade.”

3) A trade! The Seahawks give up their 2nd and 3rd to swap places with the Vikings. They select Spencer Hagan, WR, Cal. Spencer only started 2 games for Cal but they were really good games.

4) The Cleveland Browns select Philip Blake, C, Baylor to replace team icon Brian Pontbriand. After scouting RGIII they noticed they really really liked his center.

5) Tampa Bay selects Morris Claibourne to replace Aqib “Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot” Talib. LaGarret Blount was excited about the pick: “I’m not the dumbest guy on the team anymore!”

6) The Rams select... well, really - who cares? It's the Rams.

7) South Jacksonville High School will grab DT Jerel Worthy because that's how Gene Smith rolls.

8) The Dolphins are obviously upset the Steve Jobs is off the board and fail to notice RGIII is still available. They select Tannehill and then promptly trade their remaining wide receivers. As GM Ireland points out :Tannehill played receiver for two years so he can just throw it to himself."

9) Carolina could go a number of routes. They'll select whomever Steve Smith knocks out at pro days.

10) The Bills will take Lamar Miller because they still need a kick returner.

and of course, at #30 - the 49ers. They trade this pick to Cleveland for Alex Smith, TE. Says Baalke: "If I have two Alex Smith's I'll at least be able to get rid of ONE of them."
    Good stuff Clem, I was hoping to catch your wit. Can we expect picks 11-20 soon?

Blog Entries
    With TrentRich, I think he could go to Arizona in a surprise move. Remember how wild the First Round was last year? Some teams that were tame in Free Agency could wind up socking our feet off with some picks. I know we say that some time you gotta take the Best Player Available despite needs but I think Richardson may drop a bit because needs are met at other positions. With where he does land, I say it might wind up being ARI or CLE.

Given this not terribly surprising report, I arbitrarily elect to change my mock:

#26 Texans take Cordy Glenn.
    #27 Patriots take Worthy.
    #28 Agreed. Packers take Zeitler.
    #29 Ravens take Branch.
    #30 San Francisco takes Nick Perry.
    #31 New England takes Devon Still.
    #32 NY Giants take Josh Robinson, Vinny Curry, and Reuben Randle.

Like the Zeitler pick for Detroit.

Why does the entire football world (minus the friggin' Steelers) have such an issue with taking interior OL early?

I'm still holding out hope that Konz is sitting there at #23.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Like the Zeitler pick for Detroit.

Why does the entire football world (minus the friggin' Steelers) have such an issue with taking interior OL early?

I'm still holding out hope that Konz is sitting there at #23.
    The Steelers' need at the Tackle and Guard positions is so glaring that they almost have to take an O-line guy with their first round pick-the cupboard is not only bare, but ripped out of the wall and recycled. Ben R has been sacked more than almost any QB (maybe the most) since he came in the league-I know some of that is his Favre-ish tendency to hang on to the ball forever, but he needs better protection from the line-hopefully can spend more time throwing the ball and less time running for his life. Linebacker can wait.

Peter King's mock draft has the Steelers taking Kevin Zeitler (Guard) from Wisconsin-he is a mauler and would start immediately in Pittsburgh. How can Haley start his run oriented scheme without a decent offensive line? I am totally OK with the Steelers finally addressing their offensive line in the draft.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf2300 View Post
    The Steelers' need at the Tackle and Guard positions is so glaring that they almost have to take an O-line guy with their first round pick-the cupboard is not only bare, but ripped out of the wall and recycled. Ben R has been sacked more than almost any QB (maybe the most) since he came in the league-I know some of that is his Favre-ish tendency to hang on to the ball forever, but he needs better protection from the line-hopefully can spend more time throwing the ball and less time running for his life. Linebacker can wait.

Peter King's mock draft has the Steelers taking Kevin Zeitler (Guard) from Wisconsin-he is a mauler and would start immediately in Pittsburgh. How can Haley start his run oriented scheme without a decent offensive line? I am totally OK with the Steelers finally addressing their offensive line in the draft.
    If Minnesota passes on Kalil, it could drop the O-linemen options down and leave a couple of nice options for the Steelers. I agree that their #1 need is fixing the O-line ... not mending it!