Thread: Your typos and spellcheck

Your typos and spellcheck

What are your most common typos?

I'm a quick but horribly inaccurate typist. I waste half my life going back and correcting my mistakes. Think god for spellcheck. (ps Spellcheck thinks spellcheck is a typo.)

For example, here are the unedited first couple of sentences of the last post I made.

"After being swept by ythe Mets nad losing their first to the Astros, the Braves finally won a game. SPolied Houston's 50th birthday."

Those twin capital letters at the start of a word, like SPoiled, are pretty common for me. I lived in California for years, and still type it Califronia. I'm a Redskins fan but usually spell it Redksins.

Plus about a million others. You?

The iPad usually corrects everything for me, but I always go a quick scan before I hit send or post anything. I did, however, recently get a new case that makes it more difficult to hit the space bar. I sometimes hit the letter "v" instead so I'll type something like, "hey bro, did you get the newvMadden? Kind of annoying.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

from>form, thnaks, tha tit, & Cincinnati. Really that last is because it is legally impossible to spell the name f that city, and I am calling it a typo to spare my sanity.

Plus anything on a touchscreen is fair game and not worth correcting, from a time management perspective (For me.)

My purrfectshun prohibbits me from partisipattin here.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Blog Entries
    I think the typos that remain in my posts speak for themselves. My thoughts are usually ahead of my fingers. I am usually doing 4 things at once so I do a quick scan and hit send. I do make a few corrections on most posts, but plenty are missed.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    My phone is a Pantech Breakout, and if any of you have one of those then you know that the touch screen keys are very close together and are very sensitive. I constantly have to fix typos when texting, but thankfully the autocorrect feature helps make that quick and easy. As far as regularly typing I can't think of any specific problems that I tend to have, but I will usually mix up two letters in a word on a regular basis due to the speed I type and sloppy technique. For example it'll be common for me to type something like "relatvie" or "mistaekn" that I have to go back to and correct.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Hello, my nmae is Ragar nad I'm an avwoed spell chek ignorer. I ahve been spell chcek free for tow yaers.
    Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 04-12-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Sorry, buddy. Someone had to do it. :D
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    ... & Cincinnati. Really that last is because it is legally impossible to spell the name f that city, and I am calling it a typo to spare my sanity.
    That is in fact the correct spelling of Cincinnati. I'm not sure if you were trying to do that or not.

I have a really bad habit of leaving out negatives--such as 'not,' as in 'not pregnant,' or whatever--at inconvenient moments.
    @kocsan