Thread: Your typos and spellcheck

Your typos and spellcheck

What are your most common typos?

I'm a quick but horribly inaccurate typist. I waste half my life going back and correcting my mistakes. Think god for spellcheck. (ps Spellcheck thinks spellcheck is a typo.)

For example, here are the unedited first couple of sentences of the last post I made.

"After being swept by ythe Mets nad losing their first to the Astros, the Braves finally won a game. SPolied Houston's 50th birthday."

Those twin capital letters at the start of a word, like SPoiled, are pretty common for me. I lived in California for years, and still type it Califronia. I'm a Redskins fan but usually spell it Redksins.

Plus about a million others. You?

The iPad usually corrects everything for me, but I always go a quick scan before I hit send or post anything. I did, however, recently get a new case that makes it more difficult to hit the space bar. I sometimes hit the letter "v" instead so I'll type something like, "hey bro, did you get the newvMadden? Kind of annoying.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

from>form, thnaks, tha tit, & Cincinnati. Really that last is because it is legally impossible to spell the name f that city, and I am calling it a typo to spare my sanity.

Plus anything on a touchscreen is fair game and not worth correcting, from a time management perspective (For me.)

My purrfectshun prohibbits me from partisipattin here.
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz

Blog Entries
    I think the typos that remain in my posts speak for themselves. My thoughts are usually ahead of my fingers. I am usually doing 4 things at once so I do a quick scan and hit send. I do make a few corrections on most posts, but plenty are missed.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    My phone is a Pantech Breakout, and if any of you have one of those then you know that the touch screen keys are very close together and are very sensitive. I constantly have to fix typos when texting, but thankfully the autocorrect feature helps make that quick and easy. As far as regularly typing I can't think of any specific problems that I tend to have, but I will usually mix up two letters in a word on a regular basis due to the speed I type and sloppy technique. For example it'll be common for me to type something like "relatvie" or "mistaekn" that I have to go back to and correct.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Hello, my nmae is Ragar nad I'm an avwoed spell chek ignorer. I ahve been spell chcek free for tow yaers.
    Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 04-12-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Sorry, buddy. Someone had to do it. :D
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    ... & Cincinnati. Really that last is because it is legally impossible to spell the name f that city, and I am calling it a typo to spare my sanity.
    That is in fact the correct spelling of Cincinnati. I'm not sure if you were trying to do that or not.

I have a really bad habit of leaving out negatives--such as 'not,' as in 'not pregnant,' or whatever--at inconvenient moments.
    @kocsan